Stereoscopic 3D Mode on Xbox 360

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Using Stereoscopic 3D Mode on Xbox 360

Hey guys,

yesterday I upgraded my TV to an LG Cinema 3D 47" (3. Generation) which has a hardware-based 2D to 3D converter built in. Since Pinball Arcade is mostly a static affair camera and perspective-wise, I decided to give it a try... Since you can tweak the 3D to a certain extent in regards to parallax and viewpoint settings, I was able to find a setting that felt natural enough, as if looking onto the playfield from infront a real pinball table.

The results are simply awesome! (Of course not as good as native stereo 3D, such as on Playstation 3, but nonetheless it truly adds to the realistic feeling of depth perception from a simulation standpoint!) The only gripe is that through the resolution loss (horizontally halved, due to Cinema 3D being a passive polarized glasses system) there is more aliasing than normal, but I can live with that for the moment...

So until FarSight implements a true stereo 3D mode in TPA, this will be my preferred way of playing =)

Thus, I encourage everyone with a 2D to 3D algorythm on their 3D TV to at least give it a try with TPA and report your results.

Last edited:

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
I have done this on my Samsung as well. Gears of War 3 has a great 3d mode so I tried the 2d to 3d conversion for TPA and got one of my highest scores on Ripley.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.