FaceBook "Fans"

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
I think I'm going to have to unsubscribe from the FaceBook page. The rampant stupidity on display is getting worse, and it's making me feel like every 2nd person on this planet is an A-grade moron, troll or both.

I feel really bad for FarSight some times. When someone isn't asking about Addams Family (which is fair enough), you've got a dozen nerds moaning about being ripped off (to the sum of 5 dollars no less). It's like these guys never played a real pinball machine with real money.

Since when did pinballers become a bunch of whiny little princesses? Yes, I know about rec.games.pinball, but even that newsgroup never had this number of trolls, malcontents and over-entitled angry virgin nerds.

Argh.

Oh, and I blocked Jimmy (of course) yet I still read about him and his dull-witted trolling.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Yes it is really sad, because Farsight have to read their own facebook page and get all that garbage. If 1 in 50 post something like: Thank you for a wonderful game, or this has brought me so much joy, they instantly will be shot down as fan boys and put down for not being critical as a true gamer should be. I try to stay away as much as I can, but Farsight do not have that luxury. I am truly grateful that some of the seniors here bother to take the time and make comments on the facebook page from time to time just to shove that the world is not only populated with morons and to give sensible info about what's happening to those still using facebook as their main info base. Yes Pinwiz, You are guilty of being great! Much appreciation for all your work over there if you are reading this post

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
You're a Pin-wiz fanboy, Karl! I can no longer trust your posts! How dare you compliment him? He didn't even take time to talk to his fans, yet here you are, shilling. Aaaaaaaaaargh grrrrr hissssss!

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
You're a Pin-wiz fanboy, Karl! I can no longer trust your posts! How dare you compliment him? He didn't even take time to talk to his fans, yet here you are, shilling. Aaaaaaaaaargh grrrrr hissssss!

I lolled. Well played.
rrDjd.gif

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes it is really sad, because Farsight have to read their own facebook page and get all that garbage. If 1 in 50 post something like: Thank you for a wonderful game, or this has brought me so much joy, they instantly will be shot down as fan boys and put down for not being critical as a true gamer should be. I try to stay away as much as I can, but Farsight do not have that luxury. I am truly grateful that some of the seniors here bother to take the time and make comments on the facebook page from time to time just to shove that the world is not only populated with morons and to give sensible info about what's happening to those still using facebook as their main info base. Yes Pinwiz, You are guilty of being great! Much appreciation for all your work over there if you are reading this post

I try my best to give the majority of the people who are looking for information on The Pinball Arcade the most accurate info I have at any given time. I'm just trying to do my part to spread the word on a pinball sim that I've been waiting my entire life for, as many others have as well.

Thanks for the complements and I'll continue to contribute to what I believe is a worthwhile cause.

Gordon

May 28, 2012
I try my best to give the majority of the people who are looking for information on The Pinball Arcade the most accurate info I have at any given time. I'm just trying to do my part to spread the word on a pinball sim that I've been waiting my entire life for, as many others have as well.

Thanks for the complements and I'll continue to contribute to what I believe is a worthwhile cause.

Thanks PIN WIZ,

you make great information job

karl

May 10, 2012
:) Many Apologies. That came out the wrong way. I did put too much sugar on top there, but I did not understand the "he did not even take time to talk to his fans... " part. (yes I am a stupid sod). It should have been "pin wiz and any other who post on facebook from this forum is great". He is very recognizable though with that green icon he uses, so It is easy to see his presence when I scan the facebook page from time to time. My point really was that I could never summon up the energy to post much over there (even if I could write english not sounding like a 5 year old) Keep up the good work you all

karl

May 10, 2012
Good to hear you will continue your fine work Pin Wiz.
I see there is over 8500 likes on facebook so should be some potential among the strange lot :)

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
even if I could write english not sounding like a 5 year old

hahaha, that would surely make you fit in with Facebook perfectly. That's why I avoid it like the plague. Also I devote time to my real friends, ones I actually know. I'm no luddite here but these "social networking" places are doing exactly the opposite to what they pertain to enhance. "Facebook" people, in my experience albeit limited (I tend to not gravitate towards such people) are some of the most shockingly non-social people I know, faces permanently buried in their smartphones, and the first to let you know that they have 265,980 "friends", although they rarely see daylight. Strange, very odd people.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I used to put in the occasional comment on the Facebook page, but it always felt like arguing with the village idiot: even if you won, you hadn't really accomplished anything.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
In the early days I would post on fb. It became more aggravating as many folks were clearly not reading the page and posting questions that were answered two posts prior or requesting/referencing incorrect info such as a specific table made by the (incorrect) manufacturer. Or requesting that they consider theater of magic.

The conversation was still engaging for those that participated but that is only to be found on these forums nowadays

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
In the early days I would post on fb. It became more aggravating as many folks were clearly not reading the page and posting questions that were answered two posts prior or requesting/referencing incorrect info such as a specific table made by the (incorrect) manufacturer. Or requesting that they consider theater of magic.

The conversation was still engaging for those that participated but that is only to be found on these forums nowadays
Which is why its a good thing to steer folks towards here as much as possible, for instance by linking to posts from dev with info direct from the horses mouth, or giving status updates on platforms and patches that we have and they don't (for instance info we get from those included in betaprograms).

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
:) Many Apologies. That came out the wrong way. I did put too much sugar on top there, but I did not understand the "he did not even take time to talk to his fans... " part. (yes I am a stupid sod). It should have been "pin wiz and any other who post on facebook from this forum is great". He is very recognizable though with that green icon he uses, so It is easy to see his presence when I scan the facebook page from time to time. My point really was that I could never summon up the energy to post much over there (even if I could write english not sounding like a 5 year old) Keep up the good work you all

No apologies necessary, I think my humor got lost in translation. I saw nothing wrong with your post. Most of the regulars here who do post on Facebook still do a great job helping pass on information and referring to ths forum. But Pin-Wiz stands out by his hard work and deserves the praise he gets.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, the Facebook page was fun in the beginning, but now it's just a joke...thankfully we have this forum though.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
My wish is for FarSight to ban the extreme abusers with no warning. As ya'll know, The Pinball Arcade gets about 100 likes a day, meaning new fans and customers. If a new fan comes on the page and sees all this bad behavior, they would leave the page and not get info on new tables, kickstarters, etc... I am glad FarSight stated they are putting their foot down, and I hope they start banning people. I can give a few names to the ban list. Lol!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
how many of those likes are real? with the whole FAKEBOOK controversey? I dont FB or tweet hell I got rid of my cell. Believe it or not LIFE still EXISTS.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
My wish is for FarSight to ban the extreme abusers with no warning. As ya'll know, The Pinball Arcade gets about 100 likes a day, meaning new fans and customers. If a new fan comes on the page and sees all this bad behavior, they would leave the page and not get info on new tables, kickstarters, etc... I am glad FarSight stated they are putting their foot down, and I hope they start banning people. I can give a few names to the ban list. Lol!

Ha, yes, I can think of a few as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts