A Year or Two from Now......

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I really hope the product is selling well enough to allow FS to continue creating tables. I hope that maybe a year or two down the line if they can produce some of the less popular and lesser known tables and charge a premium to make them pay for themselves then I an up for that. If I can get a top notch EM recreation in a cab, then I would pay 20-30 euros per table. I am bringing this up because I doubt these kind of tables will sell in high enough numbers to cover the development costs and to pay for themselves however by charging a premium for tables which are only of interest to pinball obsessives, might make it a feasible route.

Am I alone in this, or would other people be prepared to pay a premium for these kind of tables at some point in the future?

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
it doesn't make sense to make less popular tables more expensive.

i would buy almost any table for the current price tag, but i wouldn't buy a table that i don't know for 20-30 euros.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Indeed, basic macro-enomics of supply and demand would suggest that when demand is high, prices are high and vice versa. Tables like TZ, TAF, STTNG could be sold for a higher price and still sell, while very early SS or EM would have to be cheaper to sell more of them (and therefor make a higher profit).

Simply put: Ill buy any table for 2/3 bucks. Ill only put down 20 bucks (and up) for highly licensed top 50 tables (like the ones mentioned above, Simpsons, LOTR, IJ, ACDC), and then only if the current featureset is expanded upon (like operater menu's, simultaneous multiplay, cab support, stat-tracking and more fully featured highscore comparison).

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I think most of us on these forums would buy every table, however for occasional players if they see a list of 40 tables which include all the top tables and a few old EMs, those people will never buy the 'unknown' tables.

Forgetting the standard supply and demand model, I am thinking more about tables for collectors which demand a premium. Hopefully the product will grow in popularity enough to allow these less popular tables to be created, but if it isn't economically feasible I would rather pay well over the odds for a table, than never see the table at all.

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
when the PC version is released I hope they make at least two version, one without and one with cab support. the cab tables should be substantially more expensive across the board, but at least the top tables; including the ones already released on other platforms, e.g. CV, FH, MM, ToM.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts