where do they hide the saved game file

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I was just thinking after getting the wizard goals for most of the tables i should probably back up my save game on the provided asus cloud storage my tf101 pad came with. But i cant seem to figure out where that is. Anybody know the directory and filename of the file i should back up?

N

Nik Barbour

I was just thinking after getting the wizard goals for most of the tables i should probably back up my save game on the provided asus cloud storage my tf101 pad came with. But i cant seem to figure out where that is. Anybody know the directory and filename of the file i should back up?

Hey Pete,

The file location is............
/data/data/com.farsight.AndroidPinball.javaProject/files/

The file to backup is called......
saved_data

You will need 'Root' permissions to view and access this folder though.

I think I read on another thread, that Ryan is planning on moving this files location, so it can be seen without Root priviledges.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I wish there was some consistency where android put save games.

Whenever I play with my phone and change the ROM I have to start again!

N

Nik Barbour

I wish there was some consistency where android put save games.

Whenever I play with my phone and change the ROM I have to start again!

I use Titanium Backup and never had a problem preserving app data whilst swapping Roms!

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
thanks for the info. Hopefully he can move where those files are saved because I am against rooting my asus pad. I just dont see a real point to root it because all I use it for is youtube, internet, reading comics, and playing pinball. I could see the use in rooting an ipad but with android there really isnt much it wont let you do already.

wouldn't it be cool if you could access the images and play around with the playfeild and textures in photoshop and put it back in the game, man I love doing stuff like that. I'd totally make a dark gothic verstion of funhouse with an extra creeped out Rudy. Ever since wolfenstein 3D ive been a huge fan of messing with game images.

N

Nik Barbour

Not that I'd try to persuade anyone to root....
But one cool thing you can do over non-rooted devices is use a bluetooth gamepad to play TPA. I hate touchscreen gaming.
That and Titanium Backup, which I wouldn't like to be without.

Custom textures sound cool though - although Rudy's pretty creepy as is!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
We keep the save file in the private section of the app for security reasons but honestly I have thought of moving it for ease of backup. Although that is not a decision I can make myself. Fortunately all of the leaderboard scores are stored in a database.

N

Nik Barbour

We keep the save file in the private section of the app for security reasons but honestly I have thought of moving it for ease of backup. Although that is not a decision I can make myself. Fortunately all of the leaderboard scores are stored in a database.

You could put an option on the menu of the app to - 1 copy save file to sd card , & 2 restore a save to be current.
That would allow you to leave the file where it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts