Should FS release a retail TPA game??

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Seeing as it looks like FS have now put all the PS3 & 360 troubles behind them should FS be looking at releasing a retail disc for TPA on 360 and PS3 at the end of the year when there is roughly 20 tables available? The only reason i think this would be a viable business move is since TPA came out on both PS3 and 360 about 3 months ago unless your a pinhead and have been following TPA closely on this forum and their facebook page alot of casual PS3 and 360 users may not even be aware that TPA exists and or there is new DLC available, as all there was was some advertisements for it on PSN and XBLA on the week of release but since then there is nothing to make people aware to TPA existence as none of the DLC is announce when its released on PSN or XBLA and you have to go into the game to actually find out that there is new tables available via DLC. People who have only a slight interest in pinball may not have play TPA for months and so would not even be aware that there are new tables available.

By releasing a retail disc it would give a burst of much need awareness of TPA for general gamers and not just pinheads, it could just be a budget release of £20-25 and bring more awareness to TPA since the dust has settled?

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
This has been discussed elsewhere on the forums, but yes, they probably will. There's no reason not to do both since they already have a publisher in place (Crave). PopCap consistently release their XBLA offerings as retail disc compilations after the fact, and they both do well (according to Ty, an Xbox 360 producer I know there). I'm not sure what the latest figures are, but I recall seeing Microsoft report about a year ago that over half of the 360s they'd sold had never once been connected to Xbox LIVE. It makes sense to serve that market through an on-disc release.

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
I think they should wait for the release of the new consoles, e.g. Xbox 720 and PS4. apart from that I think they should do it for the PC version, preferably two version (TPA and TPA Pro with cabinet support).

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I'd be interested in this, since I'm already keeping up with the tables on Android as they come out. If they bundle a bunch of tables together for retail, I'd be more inclined to trade in some old games and pick it up.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts