Please FarSight, I beg of you...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I just played 3 games of CV (iOS) in which 8 of the 9 balls dropped unmercifully into the outlane areas and instantly into the abyss. All flew in uncontrollably and without any possiblilty of save by nudging. This table is simply no fun any longer. It seems that no matter what anyone says, this matter is falling on deaf ears. And the only people that DO hear it respond with "it's more authentic this way". I'm done with that response! And by the way, I've just recently played the real version... it's not. Sorry if asking for an actual FUN experience with my game is an unreasonable request. Wait a minute, no it isn't!

I'm not saying make it as easy as when launched, but please, there must be a happy medium. I have all tables released so far, and I have absolutely no complaints about ANY other outlanes.

GAWD!!!!!!

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
aaaand the center ramp. kinda difficult to finish stage 2 of the circus when the ball goes through the ramp not up, oh put the decal on it it looks so blaaaa.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
I completely agree with this. I don't know what it was like before, since I only play on 360, but this table is just absurdly luck-based. The nudging mechanic isn't nearly up to the task to save most of the outlane drains on this table.

The real table is not nearly this cheap. I realize it's difficult to strike a balance between challenge and trivial, but right now both Medieval Madness and Cirqus Voltaire are not fun at all to play for anyone other than super-wizards because of cheap drains, and Funhouse and Pride of Pinbot are pretty much so easy they're a joke. A better balance needs to be struck for all of these.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I completely agree with this. I don't know what it was like before, since I only play on 360, but this table is just absurdly luck-based. The nudging mechanic isn't nearly up to the task to save most of the outlane drains on this table.

The real table is not nearly this cheap. I realize it's difficult to strike a balance between challenge and trivial, but right now both Medieval Madness and Cirqus Voltaire are not fun at all to play for anyone other than super-wizards because of cheap drains, and Funhouse and Pride of Pinbot are pretty much so easy they're a joke. A better balance needs to be struck for all of these.

As said in this thread: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/629-Too-easy/page2 I wholeheartedly disagree with CV being cheap or unfair on 360 and PS3. iOS (which this thread was created for) yes, the outlanes are a bit brutal, but on the consoles it's fine. And no I don't consider myself a super-wizard in the slightest, I usually need to properly learn a table and practice to get a decent highscore. But on this table I got to join the cirqus the second time I played the table. If anything I find the table a bit too easy and want the ball to get a bit more weight and the incline increased to speed up the ball a bit.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
As said in this thread: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/629-Too-easy/page2 I wholeheartedly disagree with CV being cheap or unfair on 360 and PS3. iOS (which this thread was created for) yes, the outlanes are a bit brutal, but on the consoles it's fine. And no I don't consider myself a super-wizard in the slightest, I usually need to properly learn a table and practice to get a decent highscore. But on this table I got to join the cirqus the second time I played the table. If anything I find the table a bit too easy and want the ball to get a bit more weight and the incline increased to speed up the ball a bit.

Kinda the reason I noted iOS in the original post. I don't have a problem with the PS3 version. The iOS version though is so absolutely un-frikkin'-reasonable. Adding more weight to the ball and upping the incline alone would probably help quite a bit without messing with the outlane posts. Right now, the ball just keeps bouncing around until it finally finds the outlane. Actually, I've noticed the ball sometimes doesn't even touch the posts when it goes out. But if it even thinks about using the inlane, it has to touch a post to give it another chance to leave.

Members online

Members online