Wonder what Harley Davidson is like? Here's a video

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I played one a couple months ago. Has the typical late 90's early 2000's Sega/Stern feeling. Shoot the motorcycle, lock the the balls. Shoot the motorcycle, release the balls. Shaker motor which doesn't matter here but the Harley theme and EASY to pick up gameplay could attract some newcomers.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Looks and sounds decent. I generally like automotive themed games so this will be a welcomed addition along with a remasterd taxi.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I guess it will be not the Harley Davidson from the Video above. I think they do the Harley Davidson Third Edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQdZ13bhCJg&feature=related
Yes, that is indeed which edition they are doing, but are there any differences in the playfield or gameplay (other than the motorcycle model).
At first I thought they licensed Steppenwolf's Born to be Wild, but now I see that they changed enough notes around to avoid the need to license the song, while still suggesting it.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Do the two bikes by the outlanes do anything or are they just static toys?

I'm not a huge fan of adding toys just for their own sake. If they are integrated into the actual play, that's cool though.
Looks like the one near the top of the playfield at least pops wheelies to open up some sort of target, ramp, etc.

It's a bit talkative, too. Are there any other machines that talk quite that much?

In any case, I'd buy it and play it. (whenever PC comes out)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I think people are groaning more that it's not Attack From Mars, which was announced long ago.

Well, I along with many think AFM is coming next month with Firepower or Space Shuttle. So, I can wait. We knew Harley was coming so, release it, and get it over with. I'll buy, of couse, to support Farsight but this will be my least looked forward to release. Looking more forward to the PS3 releases this month. Without sounding too negative, this is the first DLC that doesn't feature the newer table as the headliner. Says something for the popularity of Taxi or the unpopularity of Harley Davidson.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Says something for the popularity of Taxi or the unpopularity of Harley Davidson.
If it's any indication, the Harley Davidson here at CP Pinball is rarely played. This may be in part due to the fact that it's sitting between a Dracula and a Monster Bash, and there's an AC/DC LE on the other side of the MB.

I've played it a few times...it's a decent enough table, it just doesn't seem to have a "hook" like other tables do. There's a pretty standard multiball, and some pretty standard modes/goals, and some pretty standard other stuff. None of it is objectively horrible. But there isn't much flow, and there isn't enough "Lawlorism" to make it good in the other direction. Of course, I haven't played it all that much, so maybe I just haven't figured out how to go about things properly.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
If it's any indication, the Harley Davidson here at CP Pinball is rarely played. This may be in part due to the fact that it's sitting between a Dracula and a Monster Bash, and there's an AC/DC LE on the other side of the MB.

I've played it a few times...it's a decent enough table, it just doesn't seem to have a "hook" like other tables do. There's a pretty standard multiball, and some pretty standard modes/goals, and some pretty standard other stuff. None of it is objectively horrible. But there isn't much flow, and there isn't enough "Lawlorism" to make it good in the other direction. Of course, I haven't played it all that much, so maybe I just haven't figured out how to go about things properly.

That's funny because I played it in an arcade where it was one of the better condition pins. This place did not take care of their pins. I would assume Harley didn't get much play time.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Looks fun to me.

Yeah, me too. I'm on vacation right now and there's a Guns & Roses machine nearby (LOVE that thing!), which makes me happy to have a rock themed table coming soon to TPA. We've had a lot of monster and supernatural themed tables lately, I think HD adds something new to the mix.

So yeah, I'm keeping an open mind, and it fits great thematically next to Taxi. And even if it IS mediocre - sometimes I just WANT something mediocre, which is why I kinda liked the relatively boring and easy Space Shuttle ;)

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
this will be the first package i skip since taxi ain't a burner for me either.

Yours,
Revlis
I'll be skipping HD on iOS (because I can) but I'll have to buy the two-pack on 360 just for Taxi. Funnily enough, there's only one other table I skipped on iOS. No surprise it was Ripley's.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I'll Funnily enough, there's only one other table I skipped on iOS. No surprise it was Ripley's.
That is a surprise as Id expect BH. Ripleys is an awesome table once you get to know it. Certainly in my top 3 on TPA.

You know, sometimes standard can be just the right thing. Ben and Jerry's makes great special icecreams, but sometimes plain vanilla hits the spot.

We have a lot of special flavours, but we currently don't have a "Standard" modern table in TPA.

ie: looking at the table video, makes me want to play it personally. Then again my favourite icecreamflavour is vanilla :p

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I don´t think I´ll ever skip a TPA table, I´m way too curious to not at least play a few dozen credits on a table and then decide whether I want to keep learning it or not. I´ve also changed my opinion on quite a few tables, some of which actual ended up becoming my favourites.

ie: looking at the table video, makes me want to play it personally. Then again my favourite icecreamflavour is vanilla :p

Haha, same here! I love having not only a variety of top tier tables bursting with personality, but also some middle-of-the-road machines in there as well. As an example, I really enjoyed the very easy and rather boring Space Shuttle for some reason, and HD looks at least interesting enough to spend a couple of credits on it once in a while, when other tables seem to much of an effort (RBION can take ages to score high on, for instance).

Sometimes I just want to shoot some silver balls around and not get involved with mode-stacking and stuff like that. Space Shuttle or Gorgar are great for that, but I´ve been kind of wanting a more modern, yet still rather simple machine. HD seems to be just that.

Oh, and on top of that, I has a theme that simply isn´t on TPA yet. I want variety not only in the playfield layout and scoring systems, but in the general presentation as well.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Had an opportunity to play HD today and I must say: Fun table. Good presentation, nice music, quite fast ballplay (not surprising considering the theme). Thing I noticed: return of the old fashioned drop targets. I cant remember seeing that in a DMD table, although Im sure there are more.

Altogether I must say this table fills a void in the current TPA lineup perfectly. An older alphanumeric era playfield combined with a popadiuk-like toy, with a dmd (and the modes that come ).

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm looking forward to HD and Taxi just like I do for every other DLC. Am I a little bummed it isn't Attack From Mars? Sure, but that will come in time. I don't ever think there will ever be a DLC I don't buy. Even if it is just to try a table because I've never played it. Doesn't everyone like a little strange now and then?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Beta testing now and I don't think I'm breaking any rules by saying I like it a lot, no idea why it gets so much hate.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts