Cannot update from 1.0.9

oska

Aug 6, 2012
Hi, not sure if this is an issue with the game or with Google Play. When I first discovered TPA I was very excited and downloaded the version 1.0.9 onto my HTC Desire S. Purchased Arabian Knights and played the other demo versions, all work fine on the phone.

When update 1.0.10 was released the app does not appear in my listed apps in my phone so went to the Play store to see if I could download there and it says my device is not compatible. My phone software is 2.3.5 so it should be able to run it ok. It's not rooted or anything so I am not sure what the issue is.

Cheers for any help.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
You're not the only person this is happening to, I think it's something that Farsight need to fix but its to do with limitations imposed by the play store (things like download size can make an app become incompatible!).

oska

Aug 6, 2012
Thanks, I'm glad it's not just me. I did mail support but never had a response, I guess they are pretty busy though. I really hope it's sorted as I bought into it mainly for Black Knight, plus I heard Taxi is on it's way. Used to love these games. I'm hoping for F-14 Tomcat, Haunted House and Fire too!

oska

Aug 6, 2012
Aaahh. I uninstalled the original download and it won't let me download it at all now. Haven't even got the Arabian Knights that I paid for. It just takes me straight to Play from AppBrain and says my device isn't compatible.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Aaahh. I uninstalled the original download and it won't let me download it at all now. Haven't even got the Arabian Knights that I paid for. It just takes me straight to Play from AppBrain and says my device isn't compatible.

When you click install on that webpage, choose 'Using AppBrain'.

oska

Aug 6, 2012
Doesn't work. It just errors and tells me to re-run fast web installer and try again. :( Tried with and without.

*edit* Just cannot get it working. Tried restarting the phone, reinstalling AppBrain etc. Nothing works, lost the game totally now. Cannot even install the old tables from the first release.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
In answer to your question this is an issue with Google Play not our game, I have not changed the manifest file that filters our game since day 1 so they might have changed something on their end. If you look in the 1.0.9 bugs thread, the last link that I posted has the current apk. If you go to your settings and make sure install from unknown locations is set, then click on that link to download, then access the file from your status bar at the top it should install fine.

oska

Aug 6, 2012
Thanks for the response, I did assume it was a Google problem. I'll try what you suggest and report back.

*edit* I made sure the settings were correct but just get the information you requested could not be retrieved message when I click on the link.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Hmm, could be your browser. There was discussion of this previously on this board, I think someone suggested Dolphin browser from the market as a replacement.

oska

Aug 6, 2012
Cheers, will try that. Not working with Opera or Firefox.

Hmm, tried Dolphin too and no luck. I'll try some other methods in the morning.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Sorry - only just spotted this thread.

I have the same problem, I could see 1.0.9 but nothing higher is compatible with my device, despite not having changed OS roms for many months now.

I asked Ryan, in the bugs thread if he could post the final 'Market' apk's somewhere for download, similar to as he does for the beta .apks, to get around the problem, and he confirmed he would (Thanks Ryan:D - This will make my update experience so much nicer!).

Other than that, you need to mod your build.prop file to fake a different device, so the market is fooled into thinking it is compatible (I found faking a Nexus 7 eventually worked for me). Don't mod your build.prop file unless absolutely certain about what you are doing (and always make a backup first).

As regards browsers which will allow you to download - you need an app called 'Download All Files' by MDJ Software. Then a suitable replacement browser would be either 'Maxthon' 'Boat Browser' or 'Dolphin', all these should all get the files down to your SD card.

Hope you get round this somehow!

oska

Aug 6, 2012
I'm not really comfortable modding stuff as like you say it could all go wrong. Carl's file which was the same as Ryan's link that I could not d/l earlier has worked.

It's all updated and I now have BK and CFTBL to boot! I can't wait for the next new tables to come!

N

Nik Barbour

Glad it's worked now.

Obviously Desire S's are the common denominator.

Hopefully Ryan will post the market release apk files to keep us going with this device in future!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts