My option on PC version. (Desktop / Cabinet versions)

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
Personal I believe that Farsight should release Desktop and Cabinet versions separately. Think about it, how many people who purchases Desktop version also have Cabinet or would play the game vertical. Cabinet market is much more niche than Desktop version.

This would make it easier to put just Desktop version on Steam after all Don't Steam require you to be logged in to play games? Farsight can host Cabinet version themselves. Any person who have Pinball Cabinet would likely already know about the Cabinet version of Pinball Arcade.

What do you think?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I think you take many things for granted. Maybe we should wait and see what happens...

If people didn't speculate on where the product is going, then there wouldn't be a lot to read on these forums. Also Farsight read these forums, and they will get ideas from what people are saying. A lot of enhancements that have been done by FS, are in response to suggestions made here, on Youtube, and Facebook (well ok maybe not Facebook)

I think a separate cabinet version is a great idea. I wouldn't want to connect my cabinet to the internet (nor install Steam), and I would much rather have a choice to buy a 'much more expensive' cab version direct from Farsight directly.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
And here is why they shouldn't sell them separately and why they should most definitely include the feature.

The setup consists of a laptop, a 22" monitor and a 7$ rollup keyboard.
If you are running this on a desktop, it would require one extra monitor (and a cheap old 17 or 19" 4:3 one at that if you can find one).

Cab support doesn't require a full on cab. It also means you can start on the cheap and expand your setup at your own pace.

PS: Sorry the sound sucks on that vid.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
That's actually really cool... I have all the components to build a pretty decent i7 950, so maybe I could have a dedicated cab... hmmmm...

Yeah a little table-top one will play just like a big one...the interface to wire the buttons (motion sensitive one) is 40-60$, i think you can get leaf switch buttons for 12$ for a pack of 6, you can add stuff as you can afford it and then expand whenever you can to make it more and more authentic....aside from the PC, it's the huge monitors that put a good bulk of the cost into it.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Personal I believe that Farsight should release Desktop and Cabinet versions separately. Think about it, how many people who purchases Desktop version also have Cabinet or would play the game vertical. Cabinet market is much more niche than Desktop version.

This would make it easier to put just Desktop version on Steam after all Don't Steam require you to be logged in to play games? Farsight can host Cabinet version themselves. Any person who have Pinball Cabinet would likely already know about the Cabinet version of Pinball Arcade.

What do you think?

I have no idea why you would bother yourself thinking about this, must less start a thread about it.

Anyway, lots of people have vertical monitors on their computers, you don't need a cabinet for that. Also, I believe that the mac version supports vertical play. I'm not sure why you even think it could be any sort of problem as the iOS and Androids version support both horizontal and vertical orientations.

However, I would be happy to pay more for a cabinet version, whether it be a completely different download or a feature pack that you could buy through DRM.

I know one thing is certain though, you won't be buying any version directly from Farsight. If it were possible, they wouldn't need Steam at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts