Request Backglass animation

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I noticed this is turned off in the iOS version. Is it planned to have this playing while the table is selected? It's a cool feature and I would love to have it restored.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I noticed this is turned off in the iOS version. Is it planned to have this playing while the table is selected? It's a cool feature and I would love to have it restored.

I'm with you Brian on the backglass animation. This is an important part of the table that, like the playfield itself, needs to be recreated with all animation and lighting to truly preserve the table as it was meant to be presented.

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
No backglass animation on Mac either. I have a monitor in vertical orientation and can configure the window so I'll see the entire backglass while playing, but none of the tables update anything (scores stay at 0, DMDs are static, etc.).

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
What would be even cooler would be to attempt to render the infinity-mirror effect in 3D, instead of just showing a flat photo of it. Maybe just for the console/PC versions...

Black Hole in real life is an impressively cool-looking machine.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I agree. I believe they said at some point they were going to improve backglass animations, but there were many other things that took priority over it.

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
I also think adding the dmd to the table in demo mod would be nice instead of an extra dmd and a still image on the machine. At the moment you start the game, the dmd appears. Would bring some extra pinball feelings to the table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.