Bug New Game doesn't start

Revlis Llab

Jul 31, 2012
hi mates, hi mike,

although the board is more than well organized it's a bit of a shame that there is no sticky bug list for each platform, like "XBox 360 Bug List", "PS3 Bug List",... It would be much easier to follow all the bugs and see what's fixed and what's not. It would also prevent people from posting the same bugs and it would also be a good overview for mike.

Anyway, i've experienced this bug for the third time now, so i think it's time to post it. Sometimes when you've played a game and want to start another one the game doesn't start. The Camera keeps wandering over the playfield with the sound on and off but the game don't start. You can nudge it, change the camera (although the angle doesn't change only the numbers in the left corner change), ... but the game don't start. You have to quit the whole game, not only the table and restart TPA to get rid of the problem. When you just quit the table and restart it you can again play one game before you have to quit the table again.

What i've noticed is, it happened to me with CV and after quiting CV i had the same problem with FH but NOT with BoPP and MM. So either it's a CV bug and it influences FH or it's a FH bug and it influences CV or this two tables have the same bug.

Yours,
Revlis

Ps.: Did i tell you how much i hate the zooming? ;:mad:;)

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
I've experienced this too, I thought it was because I was starting over so much (having a crappy first ball, mashing A on exit game, going back in.) It has happened on CV more than once for me, but it used to happen on the core tables too, haven't played them much since the DLC.

Revlis Llab

Jul 31, 2012
hi szycag,

on the core tables as well? ok, thx for answering, so i think it has something to do with the optional update then. i'm sure mike will check it out when he adds the no zoom option :D:D:D

yours,
Revlis

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
I think I've only experienced this just the once in all the thousands of games I must have played so far. It was on ToM, and may have been caused the exiting and button mashing that szycag mentioned... I also have noticed that sometimes this method of exiting and restarting can have a strange effect on the skill shot being shown on the DMD. It'll kind of freeze on "start illusion", but when you launch the ball, it'll actually be one of the other bonuses.

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
Yeah it happens sometimes. It's not a big issue though, since you can always just start again.

Revlis Llab

Jul 31, 2012
Unfortunately it is a big issue and no, it has nothing to do with button mashing. You can not start again, You have to quit the table back to the selection screen after every game and restart the whole table. The completely get rid of it you have to quit and restart the whole game. I really hope it's already on mikes bug list.

yours,
revlis

Mr Warring

Aug 6, 2012
Yes, the bug exists and happens -quite often- but is VERY EASY & SIMPLE to handle.

1. Press the "Guide" button
2. Press the Red "B" button
3. Scroll down and choose "Exit Game"

..everything else is self explanatory to get things started again. But you knew all this anyway. ;p

Revlis Llab

Jul 31, 2012
thx for explaining how to exit the game, good to know, might come handy :D but i would prefer mike fixing the bug.

Yours,
Revlis

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
As a side note, I'd love to have some kind of "free" camera mode while the game isn't in play, so you can see what makes up all the tables. I actually kept it in this weird wandering camera mode for a few minutes so I could get a good look around Funhouse!

Mungoholly

Jun 29, 2012
shooting for the steps last night on FH and after repeated(about 4 times) plunger pull the camera decided to stay on plunger cam???

Anyone else had this?

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
You mentioned zooming? In game?
You can lock camera view with x, and select multiball camera off in the menu. I I seem to prefer view 2 locked, multiball camera off.

Revlis Llab

Jul 31, 2012
@ Daniel Osborne

No, i'm talking about the useless and annoying zooms during play, like: the ringmaster zoom, the bride of pinpot zoom, the skill shot zoom on totan, ... I would really LOVE to play without a single zoom just camera 2 locked. let's bounce.

yours,
Revlis

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
No, i'm talking about the useless and annoying zooms during play, like: the ringmaster zoom, the bride of pinpot zoom, the skill shot zoom on totan, ... I would really LOVE to play without a single zoom just camera 2 locked. let's bounce.

actually i agree, its kinda annoying you cant turn those off :(

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I've seen the bug in the original post pretty frequently on the 360. I'm sure I saw it on the core tables before the DLC came out, so it's not exclusive to any of the DLC tables.

Gordon

May 28, 2012
I mean the bug comes when i start the next game to fast a button.

Wait 5 sec. or so when the game is end.

Chris6210

Jul 27, 2012
I have had this on core tables mainly, I think it happens on some tables when you lose your last ball but have 1 locked somewere on the table, it doesn't always shift that ball therefore not allowing the next game to start.

Members online

Members online