Bug ? Slight lag with sound/controls on 360 ver w/ latest update

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Hey all,

Just fired up PA on 360 for the first time in a while, installed all the updates and opened TotAN, but it seems like it's a little laggy. I don't know if it's as bad as the PS3 one (never tried it) but unless my eyes and ears and fingers are deceiving me, there's a definite delay in hitting the shoulder buttons to when the flippers activate as well as sound being delayed as well.

I'm running 720p (can't remember why... I think it was because Forza 4 was supposed to play a bit better?) so I might try bringing it back to the TV's native res of 1080p, but I thought the 360's scaler was a standalone thing that didn't cause any kinds of lag.

If that's the case (and 1080p fixes it) then I offer my apologies!

PS. XBL GT is "Shaneus" :)
PPS. The "?" was supposed to be for how the thread title would appear, with the "Bug" label next to it. Didn't work out (obviously) :/

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
nope, sorry... no delay on my xbox :\

and i'm super sensitive about it too, but no...

while the xbox indeed has an inbuilt scaler, it doesnt mean that your tv does not downscale/upscale the signal it receives, thus adding lag...

so if there are any problems with the lag, its the tv

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Yeah, 1080p native is running it MUCH better. May be something for 720p-ers to keep in mind if the game's not responding that well, but holy crap... 1080p @ 60fps with only (what appears to be) very slight v-sync issues, oh my. TotAN looks incredible!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah, 1080p native is running it MUCH better. May be something for 720p-ers to keep in mind if the game's not responding that well, but holy crap... 1080p @ 60fps with only (what appears to be) very slight v-sync issues, oh my. TotAN looks incredible!

I noticed an occasional v-sync issue with the DMD tearing - no big deal though.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
i think that is also the case with the rl table too...

edit: after a longer session, i came to the conclusion that dmd indeed does tear, besides the 'normal' flickering... but 'only' the on-table one, not the one you can switch on/off... no biggie, far worse are the floaty physicy of this table :(

Last edited:

Huffster

Jul 31, 2012
Also, be sure the response time of your display is set to its fastest mode if available. Or, use your "Game Mode" if available, which minimizes display processing in an attempt to reduce input lag. 720p vs 1080p could be your display introducing the lag rather than the game or xbox hardware. I've only played at 1080p on a 1080p display and have not noticed any lag. Either way, glad you have it working well now.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.