Are These Flasher Effects Better Than FS Current Method?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Just come across this YouTube Vid of Sterns Tron table being created in Future Pinball, and am impressed with the flasher effects that Russ has done on this table. I think i prefer it as it looks more realistic than the technique FS are currently using. What do you guys think??...

http://youtu.be/E4Oo5_TR_DM

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm unable to view the video:

"This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I think its the fact that the flashers also light the game room around the table when they go off that also adds to the effect

starck

Jun 7, 2012
I think its the fact that the flashers also light the game room around the table when they go off that also adds to the effect

Good call- glad I read that before watching the video.

In my (very humble) opinion, the effects on that table seem more like those super bright led's though, and make me want to have a seizure. Agh my eyeballs. Simulating lamps would be better...at least for me.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012

In my (very humble) opinion, the effects on that table seem more like those super bright led's though, and make me want to have a seizure. Agh my eyeballs. Simulating lamps would be better...at least for me.

Yea, it's impressive, but a bit much. Like staring into a strobe.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012

TPA more closely resembles standard factory lighting. This FP game more closely resembles the LED lights many owners replace the original bulbs with.

Jason Juneau

FarSight Employee
Aug 10, 2012
Hey guys, I am the lead artist here at Farsight. Our lighting for our flashers and other lights throughout our tables rely on the emulation for on and off states. Due to the amount of lights on a typical pinball table, we cannot make every light on the table effect the geometry around it and keep performance. We are constantly trying to improve our effects and lighting, videos like this and any other ideas you guys have to help and inspire us is always more than welcome.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey guys, I am the lead artist here at Farsight. Our lighting for our flashers and other lights throughout our tables rely on the emulation for on and off states. Due to the amount of lights on a typical pinball table, we cannot make every light on the table effect the geometry around it and keep performance. We are constantly trying to improve our effects and lighting, videos like this and any other ideas you guys have to help and inspire us is always more than welcome.

Great to hear from you. Keep up the good work!

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Jason, the lighting you've already accomplished in the latest tables is a phenomenal achievement. Keep up the great work, and thanks for stopping by.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Yeah, Cirqus Voltaire on 360 looks mindblowing, which make me really excited for the future updates. Great work!

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Lights and Flashers needs alot of ressources. The more geometry you use, the more ressources you need, cause its mostly uses alpha effects. I learned that on my Banzai Run Table for VP. I brought VP to his maximum with the lights, so that you
need a very strong pc to play that without any stutters.

Here is a little Example of my Banzai Run Flasher Effects in VP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h6rFS_VtE8

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Looks like the first 2 videos the room is much darker than TPA's and has an ambient light affect when flashers strobe giving the illusion that they are brighter.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Lights and Flashers needs alot of ressources. The more geometry you use, the more ressources you need, cause its mostly uses alpha effects. I learned that on my Banzai Run Table for VP. I brought VP to his maximum with the lights, so that you
need a very strong pc to play that without any stutters.

Here is a little Example of my Banzai Run Flasher Effects in VP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h6rFS_VtE8

Is that for VP9? I never bothered going beyond VP8 cause my computer is pretty much tapped out for that. Looks amazing, well beyond what PacDude back in the day was doing with his fading lights system.

Now I wanna play Banzai Run!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts