Feb 20, 2012
Before TPA existed.
"Hm, an app store update."

After TPA's release.
"OOH! An update!!! I hope I hope I hope I hope!"

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I know what you mean. Hope the next iOS update brings some relief from the bugs. Just had a shutdown during CV. Restarted, then had a shutdown on BK. Restarted again, played Gorgar, but so much lag. So I shut it down for the night. Frustrating, but I still play this more than any other app.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
There's an update?!?

No, not yet. We are just talking about when you see a badge alert that you have updates, that we get exited that it is for TPA. Then you open your updates and find out it's just some crappy app that you never even open. I'm keeping fingers crossed that it happens soon though. I was thinking end of this week, but haven't heard anything. The last I heard was "soon".

J2fold

Jul 28, 2012
Before TPA existed.
"Hm, an app store update."

After TPA's release.
"OOH! An update!!! I hope I hope I hope I hope!"

LOL, I hate that! Between Zen, Pinball Arcade, and Pinball HD I always wait for an update. I see the update icon and I think to myself "YES!" Only to be disappointed by a boring Yelp update. I am actually interested to see what Pinball HD does with Mars or the other one they got. Pinball HD really is not that bad it just is not to the standards of Pinball Arcade, or Zen and I am wondering if Pinball HD is going to step up their game now that these new tables are getting more interesting.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
So the next table pack has been announced and naturally, Android will get them first, followed shortly after by iOS. Any idea when we'll get those (roughly)? I'm hanging for some sweet, sweet Taxi action.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, Android has no approval process - the update is posted the instant it's uploaded. iOS has an approval process and it ranges anywhere from a week to two weeks (usually closer to a week). I assume FS submits them all at once to the various stores. Xbox has a long approval and certification process. PS3 is shorter I believe (purely because they want content - it's why Valve got a sweet deal to bypass the approval process with PS3-Steam).

So any updates and DLC should appear in roughly Android first, then iOS (and possibly Mac), PS3 next, and last would be Xbox360. I know iOS also offers the ability for the dev to either post immediately after approval or to delay posting until a certain time if they want to make a release date.

multivit

Jul 4, 2012
So will the bugfixes and the new table be included in one single update or might we expext a bugfix update first and the new tables later?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Probably - I think Farsight has to update the app to support the new tables, and they ought to push the bugfixes in at the same time... otherwise they'd have to update the app twice.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
One of my favorite C&H stories. The hype, the endless wait, finally it arrives, he almost breaks it, and then the crushing disappointment... Watterson is such a good storyteller :)

In other news: The wait is killing me. I love the 360 releases, with the better controls and superior lighting engine, but the arrival of an entirely new table plus Taxi with new physics and retina graphics makes me much more impatient.

an ox

May 28, 2012
as a developer I get to experience this from both sides :). Waiting for an app to drop is just as frustrating as waiting for that update to appear (plus there's always the chance of having your chips pissed on by a rejection).

Got 3 of my own in the process at the moment :D.

Last table I played at the Pinball Party before leaving on the Sunday was Taxi so looking forward to getting that :).

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts