UK Pinball Party next weekend

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
In case anyone missed it in the other UK thread, the UK Pinball party is next weekend. I'm really looking forward to it (will be there Saturday). Anyone else going? :)

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Somebody will get it; I'll wait.
q26ac.gif

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
I went with my girlfriend, only other place I can compare it to was the PHOF in Vegas.

Loads of well known pinball machines including many from the Pinball Arcade, must have been about 5/6 Medieval Madness's, Twilight Zones and Star Trek Next Generations. Star Trek was my favourite of the day, can't wait to play it on TPA.

Really liked the look of the Elvira Tables, loved how the flippers and lanes were all themed which I haven't seen on another Pinball machine before. My gf really liked a table I'd never heard of before called Hurricane, and we both enjoyed playing Baywacth too. She really wanted to play Cactus Canyon which was at last years show, but it didnt't seem to be at this years event

Really liked some of the Mods on show such as the colour display for medieval madness, and the multi coloured twilight zone back board.

Just my opinion but there were a couple of negatives for the day for me as well, it was REALLY busy Saturday afternoon, 5 people queuing to play a single machine for example. The room didn't seem wide enough and you had to kind of push past people. Also it was quite smelly due to there being no windows and a general lack of ventilation.

The hotel itself had a strange parking set up, you had to get the code from reception before leaving, and the event wasn't very well signposted.

Overall though had a good time, weirdly some machines seem more fun to play on the Pinball Arcade then in real life such as funhouse, I wonder whether anyone else has noticed this as well.

an ox

May 28, 2012
We went for all 3 days and had a great time. Was really nice to play so much real physical pinball, meet up with a few chums, eat plenty of curry and drink lots of beer.

Favourite table was definitely the MM with "colour DMD" (actually a LCD emulating a DMD but still pretty spiffy looking). Really lovely table in beautiful nick and a joy to play.

Also very much enjoyed playing the Heighway prototype and hanging out and drinking with some of the guys involved with that on the Saturday night, culminating in a late-night reactivation of the pinball room and some mildly drunken 4-player games on various tables that were most enjoyable. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with their beastie themed prototype. The shots on the whitewood felt really good to play.

True it was a bit busy on the Saturday but you never had to wait too long to get a game on most of the machines except for the really popular ones like the aforementioned MM. Still it was great to finally get physical hands on the likes of MM and BoP (my joy at seeing what looked like a Funhouse in excellent condition and nobody playing it was tempered by the fact that it had the flipper controls reversed making it comically impossible to play).

Would've loved to have seen Black Hole and Gorgar and a non-2K Black Knight, but still, it'd be churlish to complain about such absences when there was so much that was good and fun there and so many people to share it all with.

And yes it was hot, probably the hottest weekend of the year, maybe I was a stinky ox too :D.

But overall a splendid time was had and I'll definitely be going again next year I hope :). Oh, and no disrespect to TPA but IMO you can't beat playing on a real physical machine. For sure it's harder than in simulation but the feeling when you start to slot the shots home is so much more satisfying and physical. No ipad or console can ever fully replicate that :D.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts