Is Farsight modeling LEDs or incandescent bulbs?

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Watching the video of Medieval Madness I couldn't help but notice that the lights appeared to flash on and off very quickly. It could just be due to the quality (fps) of the video but now I am curious.

A lot of people use LEDs because they are brighter and last a lot longer but they do have their disadvantages.

When power is supplied to an incandescent bulb it brightens as the filament warms up and then dims as it cools. LEDs, on the other hand, turn on and off almost instantly.

I for one much prefer the look of incandescent bulbs as it does not feel like you are starring at a strobe light when you are playing.

Here is a cool video talking about the difference between LED and incandescent bulbs.

Skip to 2:01 if you are not interested in the electrical schematics portion....

N

Nik Barbour

That's a really good clip, brilliant idea - I couldn't tell which of the 3 bulbs was the modified L. E. D.!
I prefer bulbs to standard L. E. D.'s - you just get a different feeling from them!

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I know it's not for everyone, but I prefer the semi blinding LEDs to washed out looking bulbs. Pinballz Arcade already has quite a few tables that have been converted over to LEDs and the light shows of those tables are taken to a whole new level (which I prefer). There are still tables with the original bulbs, but those tables have a washed out look to them when compared to LED equipped tables. I just played Tales From the Crypt equipped with LEDs and the light show was amazing (made a huge difference as I played a TFTC with original bulbs a few months ago). To each his own I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts