Too Many Log-ins... confusing

ikelleigh

Apr 18, 2012
Game Center, Facebook and Farsight logins... why so many? Stick with one and go with it. On the iPad I don't always have Internet connectivity. Why are my high scores for tables different when I can't login, versus when I have wifi access? I play on the bus coming home from work sometimes, so I don't have wifi access and login as a guest. I get a score of over 600mil on the CotBL table and I don't see it when I get home because suddenly it's logged on to Game Center or something. Which account is recording the scores? Game Center? Farsight?

This whole mess is terribly confusing. Have the tables save scores regardless if logged on or as a guest. Then when the game does log you on, send the scores to your leaderboards based on the changes since last log on and the user name. Have it do a logic test...

if (loggedOn)
checkUsername (myName)
checkifNewScores (thisTable)
sendNewScores (thisTable)

It's pretty simple no?

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
No argument here; I only login as guest and I'm always signed into Gamecentre. That keeps my table scores local, but updates my Gamecentre score, which is fine with me.

I believe Creature from the Black Lagoon has a score recording bug based on what I've seen around here, so what you're seeing there may not be inherent to the whole of pinball arcade scoring. Experiment and let us know!

ikelleigh

Apr 18, 2012
It wouldn't be so bad if they just record one set of scores regardless of login. But to have two score sets based on connectivity at any given moment doesn't make any sense. I've decided to go with guest exclusively. Doesn't seem to change what tables I own and I really don't see any benefit to being logged on.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.