Curious on update fixing Black Hole bug(s).

JediJoe22

Aug 11, 2012
Briefly searched and didn't find anything on this in the PS3 forum. I know this bug was posted in the Black Hole table forum, but I was wondering if there was any update on a fix coming to the PS3 version specifically.

Basically it's the problem where the drop targets don't activate even when hit directly. It seems to happen more when the ball is moving at high speeds, but can happen at lower speeds too. This is my favorite table (though that may change now that Bride of Pin-Bot is out ;)) and I've spent a TON of time on it. The more I played the more I noticed just how often it happens. If anything it seems to have gotten worse over time. Because it's such a key gameplay mechanic on this table, the bug is almost game breaking at the rates I experience it.

Another thing I've noticed (and this is really hard to explain so bear with me) has something to do with the ball physics. Occasionally there will be a stretch where the ball will launch onto the playfield through the first top rollover, and roll down past the bumpers untouched before hitting the right flippers. That itself isn't an issue, but sometimes the ball will move along this exact path 4-5 times consecutively.

Finally the ball will occasionally get stuck for extended periods as the center bumper launches it into the middle-top rollover, but won't quite make it over. It falls back to the bumper and creates a loop of this motion over and over. The may be how the actual table plays but I have no idea.

So has there been any word on a fix for the PS3? The last two really aren't big deals, but the drop target problem is. Like I said, this has been my favorite table to play, but it's getting frustrating to the point where I don't want to play much anymore. Any news or other way I could fix this myself would be appreciated.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Jedijoe22 , first of all welcome to the forums . I can only tell you FarSight knows about the problem in BlackHole , they do read our posts here , but whether or not the issue is the next one they have addressed with the forthcoming update patch, we will have to see.....

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
It sure is on the ToDo list, but in regards to the timing its hard to tell who gets what, when with all the submission times. I do know 360 is the main platform and every change made is done there first, then ported to the other versions to ensure it all remains the same. But due to the smaller approval times (and costs), the mobile platforms get them faster (the next DLC5 release will have a lot of bugfixes for instance) but rest assured they will come to ps3 eventually.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts