Request Dear Farsight, Why High Speed II: The Getaway is a Must Have Table

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I thought I would make an actual thread as to why this would be an important table for TPA.

My first post is concentrating on grabbing video of this amazing Steve Ritchie Design
I would say 9 times out of 10 (yes it's a BS out of my bum statistic), if you don't love this game, you haven't really played it.
It's tense, adrenaline pumping, exciting, entrancing, probably not very expensive to license and I think has the best balance of fairly simple playfield and modern features in a pinball game.

This is a cool promo video with a Steve Ritchie interview and a rundown of features in the game.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Here's a great gameplay vid of a home-owned machine (me = jealous as all hell), he doesn't have a very good game (default replay is 63mil) but looks to have some ok high scores.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Getting La Grange could be tough, though. That song is so integral to the experience, it would almost not be worth doing without it.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm curious as to what could really make it that tough.
Nice thing though is that it is THE only license I can see in that table. Must make it a lot less to aquire than TZ or Star Trek

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
ZZ TOP is getting old and the'yd appreciate this kind of preservation as they are CAR GUYS. The lagacy lives on.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I agree, superballs. This table is an absolute "must have" for TPA.

I would like to think ZZ Top would be easy to work with, but I'm guessing it's often lawyers and other suit types who make these type of decisions and ask for certain numbers.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It would be far out to have HS and HSII in a pack...but i'm not as fond of HS since Getaway is such an improvement over it

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Just played about five games on it today. Fantastic table and quite pricey for one without a wupped playfield. Would love to get it in The Pinball Arcade. No arguments here about La Grange. If Farsight can't get it, just give me High Speed. The Getaway without La Grange is like Twilight Zone without...Twilight Zone.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I agree, superballs. This table is an absolute "must have" for TPA.

I would like to think ZZ Top would be easy to work with, but I'm guessing it's often lawyers and other suit types who make these type of decisions and ask for certain numbers.
Would any ZZ Top tracks be in Harley-Davidson? If not, I'd imagine there'd be one or two *other* licensed tracks, so maybe we could use that as some kind of indicator of getting HS2 complete with music.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Would any ZZ Top tracks be in Harley-Davidson? If not, I'd imagine there'd be one or two *other* licensed tracks, so maybe we could use that as some kind of indicator of getting HS2 complete with music.

afaik there is no licensed music in HD. Even Steppenwolf's song is "approached" rather than copied.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
@Kolchak357
F-14 is brutal, fast and a coin eating monster. That's what I like about it. :cool:
Just watch the papa 14 finals:
http://pinball.org/videos/tournament/papa/papa-14-finals-f14-tomcat/

That video is something. That table even crushed the best players. I know that it is set rediculously tough for them, but that is some table.

Back to The Getaway, is there a licensing issue with regard to the car on the backglass?
Side Note: That Bucci dude has some collection. What classic table doesn't he own? Wonder if he plays TPA?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Just played about five games on it today. Fantastic table and quite pricey for one without a wupped playfield.
Shows how bad the state of collecting is getting, if you're a prospective buyer (great if you're a seller). Five years ago, you could buy a Getaway in nice condition for just under a grand.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
That video is something. That table even crushed the best players. I know that it is set rediculously tough for them, but that is some table.

Back to The Getaway, is there a licensing issue with regard to the car on the backglass?
Side Note: That Bucci dude has some collection. What classic table doesn't he own? Wonder if he plays TPA?

The car is a generic one based on the Lamborghini Diablo, but it isn't mentioned by name.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Amen, superballs. The Getaway: High Speed II is an absolute essential pin. Hopefully a midi version of "La Grande" by ZZ Top won't screw up our chances. Doesn't seem like it should.
100% on board for The Getaway being on TPA. It, Fish Tales and White Water are the most obvious tables that we have yet to have confirmed, that aren't an obvious license nightmare. Bring 'em on. ASAP.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.