PS Vita PS Vita Graphical Problems

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
The following glitches and issues are copied directly from my Bug, Glitches, and General Problems thread in the PS Vita section. I will try to include as many screenshots as I can to show the problem as best as possible. If there are any graphic issues in the PS Vita version that I missed, please post them here and I will add them as soon as possible.

Black Hole
- Re-Entry tube disappears when the glass covering the lower playfield is changed to transparent when playing on the lower playfield.
- Metal "spring" used in basement entry is missing.

Theatre of Magic
- Artwork on the left side of the back box is mirrored

Tales of the Arabian Nights

Ripley's Believe it Or Not
- Typo on the apron decals, the word 'FOR' is repeated.

Bride of Pinbot
- Pinbot mini-playfield is not transparent. (Image)
- Artwork on Shuttle Ramp is completely missing.
- Sides of shuttle ramps should be transparent.
- Dual path ramp needs to be transparent.

Medieval Madness
- Flippers are spaced too far apart and do not line up with holes on playfield. (Image)
- Model for Merlin's Magic kicker is missing.

Fun House
- Playfield graphics appear to segmented into several squares with obvious seams. (Image)

Cirqus Voltaire
- Shadows cast by flippers do not move when the flippers are activated.
- Possible low resolution image used on the backglass.
- Main ramp is not transparent as it is intended to be. (Image)
- Decals on neon ramp is missing.
- Lightbulbs under inlane/outlane guide are not rendered.
- Wire ramp on the left side is missing all of the semi-circle rings.
- Support wires for lightning bolt plastics along left side are missing resulting in floating plastics.

General Issues
- Sometimes the numbers in the highscore will overlap in the post game highscore list; images available here

Last edited:

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
Thxxx Crush3d_Turtle. I'm glad that somebody is talking about the Vita version.
I hope Farsight planning to make these bugs and glitches disapear.

Greetingzz

Jason Juneau

FarSight Employee
Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for the feedback, we are currently working on many of these bugs. Some of the transparency that you guys are not seeing is performance related, we can only have so much transparent geometry before the performance is hurt.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Thanks for the feedback, we are currently working on many of these bugs. Some of the transparency that you guys are not seeing is performance related, we can only have so much transparent geometry before the performance is hurt.

Thanks for taking the time to look at these problems. So far, the only table that has a real problem with transparency is the BoP ramp since it has a negative impact on gameplay by covering the right in and out-lanes making it impossible to see where the extra ball lights are as well as taking away the ability to make corrective nudges to save the ball. Also, the pure white mini-playfield on BoP seems to detract from the entire visual package for that table.

countcb

Jul 16, 2012

So you really can not get more out of the vita than out of an android phone?? :confused:
I'm asking because on android the ramp on BoP is transparant.
And the texture quality is better too, I notice this the most on ToM. On Vita I can not see at all what is on the bumpers. On Android it is clear that it's an image of a bunny.

Hope you can ramp the quality up on Vita. Because I like it way more to play with buttons than with touchscreen controls.

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
So you really can not get more out of the vita than out of an android phone?? :confused:
I'm asking because on android the ramp on BoP is transparant.
And the texture quality is better too, I notice this the most on ToM. On Vita I can not see at all what is on the bumpers. On Android it is clear that it's an image of a bunny.

Hope you can ramp the quality up on Vita. Because I like it way more to play with buttons than with touchscreen controls.

Vita core tables were fine until the last patch , they know about the low-res issues , and we just had to wait 2-3 months for the patch that fixes the last patch. But I agree I think FarSight has yet to get the Vita's graphics up to par with it's capabilities , it is a exciting new platform and their game came out shortly after Vita hit America , and Im sure Sony has been little help , Im hoping they not only fix the graphics , but get some of that lighting effects we have on PS3 in too.

countcb

Jul 16, 2012
I'm totally confused of what version I actually have.
Because everyone is talking about patches that came with dlc #1. Then a patch with DLC #X.

I'm in Europe. i have NO, ZERO, NADA DLC.
What patches do I have? I installed no update so far, etiher. :confused:

Graphics are not fine. That's all I know.

Im hoping they not only fix the graphics , but get some of that lighting effects we have on PS3 in too.

That would indeed be very sweet! :cool:

countcb

Jul 16, 2012
Vita core tables were fine until the last patch

That means since I didn't receive the patch yet the look of the tables will get even worse for me then...
Since I'm not even happy with the unpatched versions

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Does it? I seriously don't believe they gave you the same version we had , your core version is probably the patched version sans download content , there are 2 tables that were affected , Theatre of Magic , and Talesofthe Arabian Nights,(in horizontal view) if the tables appear blurry towards the front of the playfield, on ToM it's easy to notice how blurry the magician lady decal is too blurry as are the white rabbits . If you clearly see those decals? but since you are getting DLC pak 3 and the new patch that will fix it ? It wont be a problem I guess .....

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
That means since I didn't receive the patch yet the look of the tables will get even worse for me then...
Since I'm not even happy with the unpatched versions

I am not sure which version was released in Europe, but if you load ToM is the playfield artwork so blurry that other than the basic shapes of the person and rabbits it is nearly impossible to discern anything else? When the first patch was released, I did a side by side comparison with 2 Vitas (1 patched and the other unpatched) and the difference between the two was astounding. I am sure this has to be a bug since RBION looks fantastic with a much higher resolution playfield and still manages to run amazingly well.

countcb

Jul 16, 2012
On my vita I can not see at all what's supposed to be on the slingshots at the bottom of the table. I only know that there are rabbits because I also have seen the ps3 and andriod versions of the table.
Strangely the magician lady looks not that blurry, nor do the rabbits under the lady that are on the table. Only the slingshots are really bad.

I hope that everything will look awesome once the dlc is released here :D

The game is great! But I was a little bit sad when I saw that texture quality on the vita is not so great as it is on android, since I thought that the vita should be powerful enough to handle great textures.
But as you said, things hopefully will look better once the patch arrives! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts