AMC's The History of Pinball documentary...

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Hey! So cool-and old watched around 5m.
Slash looked pretty 'chilled' LOL.
Great find Animator-Thank you :)

Tilt's a great film :)
Not a film/vid-But I'd really like an ebook version of Roger Sharpe's book: Pinball!
Is there such a thing in existence?

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
Cool! I'll have to check that out. I never saw that. Special When Lit is on Netflix Instant now but I thought the whole thing was like a bad pinball machine. It bounces around everywhere. You go from people at the PAPA Pinball tournament to a history of pinball and then they start talking to collectors. It's a mess. I loved TILT: The Battle To Save Pinball because it just focuses on ONE thing, Pinball 2000. Like it or not it was amazing to see how they got it to work and also to see how George Lucas had a hand in killing pinball over at Williams too.

I really hope that "Bang Back" comes out. You can see trailers of it online and it looks like it could be great but it's been "Coming Soon" for years now.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Special When Lit is on Netflix Instant now but I thought the whole thing was like a bad pinball machine. It bounces around everywhere. You go from people at the PAPA Pinball tournament to a history of pinball and then they start talking to collectors. It's a mess.
I watched this last night and came here to post the exact same thing. There's no flow to the film at all, it just spastically jumps from one topic to another and back again. Just all over the place in terms of topics. I didn't like that there was kind of an undercurrent of mocking pinball fans as well. The Pingeek guy and Koi Morris were both given an inordinate amount of screen time seemingly for no reason other than they are "odd" and to underscore that pinball fans/collectors are "weird". Didn't care for that.

I will say that the brief clips they showed of Lyman Sheats playing and discussing his style were pretty darn cool, though.

Tabe

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
This AMC History is a must see, and no, it does not have a focus problem. It does a great job tracing the evolution from slanted boards with nails on it in the pre-industrial age, and continues to the then-present day (it was made in 1999). It also profiles many of the industry's pioneers, such as David Gottlieb and Steve Williams, as well as cover all the major innovations, from electricity to flippers.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts