Williams DMD Dot - why only on iOS?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Not sure how many people noticed or even know, but on Williams games, they put a dot right after the number of credits (or Free Play), whenever the game detects something is wrong. You'll notice it on real pins (or PHoF) as "Credits #." and on TPA as "FREE PLAY.". It's a nice subtle way for the operator to know there's something wrong without having to enter the operator menu to find out. I can't remember the earliest pin to have this feature, but it's been around a while.

If you look carefully, it seems all the tables, even when you start fresh without restoring your backed up scores, they all show the dot. However, when playing on the Android version, I notice they don't (and it doesn't seem like the PHoF ones do, either).

So anyone ever figure out what the pin thinks is wrong?

The dot appears when the game detects something is wrong, usually a switch that hasn't been activated in a while (around 30 balls or so), so it's perfectly reasonable to have it show up on a machine where everything works (i.e., the players are horrible). The games play fine (the game compensates for the bad switch by relying on other switches. This can be amusing on some games).

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, for TOTAN, the reason for the dot is... "Time and date not set".... WTF? Is this an iOS specific thing or something?

Members online

Members online