Perfomance Problems and sound stuttering after Android "sandwich" Update on SGII G

Skipper

Aug 12, 2012
Perfomance Problems and sound stuttering after Android "sandwich" Update on SGII G

Hi,

after updating my Samsung Galaxy SII G version with the newest Android Version 4.0.4 (german) i noticed a heavy sound stuttering during menu and ingame. Starting each table is very slow and the performance is slightly worse. Before the update everything worked fine. I'm using the G Version of the Samsung Galaxy SII wich has recently received the update with "Sandwich". I tried to redownload and reinstall the game but nothing worked.. Is this a known problem?

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Not to my knowledge, we have a sgs2 in the building that is runing fine. I am assuming this is an official over the air update and not an update you put on yourself correct?

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
I've also experienced a little of this on my droid razr maxx. When it went to ICS, the music for the tables will get choppy at times when going between tables. I've also noticed at times the frame rates will drop off some. Its not a constant thing and it is more noticeable on some tables than others (ToTAN being the worst). This was an official over the air update. The tables still open up just fine, I haven't seen that slow at all.

Skipper

Aug 12, 2012
Not to my knowledge, we have a sgs2 in the building that is runing fine. I am assuming this is an official over the air update and not an update you put on yourself correct?

The update has been made with Samsung KIES (official Samsung Software). I have to point out that it's the G Version of the SGSII with the Texas Instruments CPU not the first edition with Exynos CPU. That might be the point.. :confused:

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
I notice that the framerate will occasionally drop on my Galaxy S III. The problem isn't limited to TPA though, because I first noticed it with the Asteroid Belt live wallpaper. The framerate instantly returns to normal when you interact with the phone though (touching the home screen fixes the live wallpaper, pausing and resuming fixes TPA). It occurs maybe once every several games, so it's a minor inconvenience.

My initial thought is that the phone is getting stuck in a power saving mode, because interacting with the physical buttons restores normal behavior. Whatever it is doesn't seem to be limited to TPA.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
could be a driver issue for the III that they need to fix, samsung is usually pretty good about that. But thats a 4-core phone I think, it shouldn't lag, very odd.

mattenno

Aug 17, 2012
i've got the same problem since my Droid Razr Maxx was updated to ICS 4.0.4. Sucks. Hope a future update will fix it. I won't purchase any tables until it is fixed.

Skipper

Aug 12, 2012
i've got the same problem since my Droid Razr Maxx was updated to ICS 4.0.4. Sucks. Hope a future update will fix it. I won't purchase any tables until it is fixed.

..So it's the ICS that causes the stuttering on both phones SGSII G and Razr Maxx..:(

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thats what it sounds like =\ not sure if there is anything we can do on our end though I will investigate.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.