Favorite Platform?

Which is your favorite platform for TPA?

• Mac

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • iPhone / iPod Touch

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • iPad

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • PS3

• Vita

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • XBox360

• Android Phone

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Kindle Fire

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Waiting on PC or 3DS version

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
While I own complete versions of The Pinball Arcade on PS3, PS Vita, iPod Touch, and iPad (and will purchase the PC version upon release), it's kind of funny that my favorite platform has remained iPad. There's no doubt that the game looks best on PS3, but the responsive touch screen, vertical orientation, size and detail on-screen, and accessibility of the whole thing makes iPad a tiny bit more enjoyable. The only annoyance is the constant need to re-login to both FarSight and Facebook leaderboard functionality.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
iPhone is too small, iPad has no nudge to speak of, PS3 has input lag and delivery issues in Europe (Its a pain to get NA PSN codes), so now that DLC 1,2,3 issues are cleared (and due to the more transparent and fair leaderboard): 360

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I enjoy playing TPA on the PS Vita the most due to the portable aspect with physical buttons as well as having all of the features of the PS3 version like trophy support. However, all of the major bugs and graphical glitches do take away from the experience. The Xbox 360 version is definitely the best and cleanest version of the game to play, but as long as the Vita version gets some good patches it will be my system of preference.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Xbox for me. I bought totan and tom for my Android phone, but I've only played the trial versions of the other tables on android, but I'll be buying every single pack barring a jive time /sorcerer type combo.
If the xbox gets a portrait or tate mode, then that will be perfect.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
While I'm jealous of the DLC schedules on the phone platforms, this game remains about 300% more fun to actually play on my Xbox due to the physical flipper buttons and analog nudging. I am absolutely worthless with touchscreen inputs on any game that involves timing in some way. I played TOTAN on my iPhone from the day it released until the day the 360 version finally came out and never managed to start the HAREM multi-ball even once. Later, with a physical controller I did it in three games. No comparison (for me, at least).

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I thought my answer would be PS3. Physical buttons, working nudge, and beautiful lighting all pointed to it. But the darn iPad is just always an arms reach away, with instant boot up, and newer machines, I just can't bother with the time it takes me to start up the console.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I love the iPad 3 and the 360 both for very different reasons. I tried making the 360 version my "main" one, but the iPad is just so convenient and the portrait mode is brilliant. On the other hand, the 360 has both the very atmospheric lighting and proper nudging. But then again, there are more tables out on iOS.

Really, I'm very happy with both :)

Oh, and after selling my original 3DS I just ordered the way bigger 3DS XL, and if TPA ever comes out on 3DS (I remain sceptical but I'd love to be surprised), this version will be worth it for me for the 3D alone - the one thing that still makes me play the rather problematic PHOF port once in a while.

I love that TPA being and coming out on so many platforms is fantastic not only because it's on the devices I already own, but for giving me so many choices for each situation I'm in!

Last edited:

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
I thought once I got the MacBook Air I would play more on it than the iPad. But until the Mac version gets MonsterBash there's no competition with the iPad. Then a re-evaluation will be in order.

Bride of Trolls

Jul 29, 2012
I love the TPA on my iPad, it is so good that i missed the bus this eveving. ;)

But i must say, that i never saw the TPA on another platform.

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
Xbox is the only version I own, so I abstained from voting. If FarSight does things right, I see the PC version easily becoming my favorite.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
PS3 over iPad 3 for me. I absolutely love the crisp graphics of the iPad, the ability to actually read what it says on the table. But I hate using my thumbs to trigger the flippers. The nudge is something I can barely do, if at all. After a while, holding the iPad gets plain heavy!

So PS3 wins because of comfort, I do like the lighting (though when we gain control of it, mine will be a little brighter but not iOS bright), and I like having rumble in the controller. I don't suffer lag, my subwoofer provides me with great sound, and I have buttons.

But I tell you what, those damn retina graphics really go a long way toward making the iPad a VERY close second.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I only play on my iPad 1. I have a PS3, but I still haven't gotten around to getting TPA for it. The iPad is just so convenient. There is nothing better than playing a few games during lunch at work. Helps me forget how much I hate my job. My boss plays on an iPhone. I could never do that with my below average eyesight and my big sausage fingers getting in the way.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Of the two I've got, the XBox 360 gives the best game experience by far, so I voted for it. But, in practice, I end up playing on Android far more often, because it's always there (and has more tables).

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
I play more on my iPad then any other platform, but I prefer it on the PS3. the graphics is better (lightning), better controls and I love how immersed in the game I am; nothing better then making the room pitch dark, crank up the volume and play CV on the PS3!

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
The 360 is by far my favorite platform for TPA. It's cool having my favorite tables portable don't get me wrong, but a nice big screen with a controller is the way to go for me.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
PS3. I dont have XBOX but Id imagine its the same but D-pad nudge? PS3's only analog. Ive played TPA on an iphone and other than new tables sooner I preffer a big screen controller,vibraion and surround sound. I even masked of my TV so only the tables visible at night, wich would be easier on a portable version.:)

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I enjoy playing TPA on the PS Vita the most due to the portable aspect with physical buttons as well as having all of the features of the PS3 version like trophy support. However, all of the major bugs and graphical glitches do take away from the experience. The Xbox 360 version is definitely the best and cleanest version of the game to play, but as long as the Vita version gets some good patches it will be my system of preference.

This pretty much sums it up for me:
I like the Vita version the most, unfortunately it is so broken it is currently unplayable.

The PS3 version looks fantastic, but I hate the PS3 so much that I won't even turn it on to play TPA.

...Maybe I should try the 360 version to see what I think.

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
I've played on Mac, PS3, Vita, iPad 2, new iPad, Android (phones and tablets), XBOX360.

360 version is the best after the recent update, the lighting, reflections of the ball, controls, etc.
PS3 version has flipper lag for me (both in US and EU releases, on 2 different consoles, TV and PC display, both wired and wireless controller). 360 lighting is better right now, PS3 comes next.

Android/iPad versions are not as good because of controls and graphics (resolution is better in iPad, but no dynamic lighting). iPad3 post processing option drops FPS and is not usable.

Android version is pretty good with the Sixaxis controller via bluetooth on tegra3 tablets.

Vita wins among the mobile platforms because of the controls.

Mac version is OK, but is lacking key mapping. Also not playable on Mac Mini with 6630M graphics card in portrait mode (video driver bug which makes all 3D apps run slow in portrait mode, already submitted to FarSight and Apple).

So, if you have a choice, go for the 360 version, hope the new updates will not be delayed as before. I'm also waiting for the PC version, if it has the same graphics as 360, but with higher resolution and portrait mode support, it would be the best version.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts