Request Bram Stoker’s Dracula

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
So guys, what do you think are the possibilities to see this masterpiece in TPA? The license isn't cheap for sure and I don't know if it would work with TPA's ESRB Rating which is EVERYONE 10+.

Here is what I like about BSD:
- the mature horror theme :cool:
- challenging fast play with shorter game times mostly because of the lighting flippers (shorter than standard flippers)
- simple, but addicting rules with the "just one more game" feeling
- and the most important: Great scoring opportunities for skilled players by stacking 3 multiball modes (you can get really really high jackpots if done correctly!)

Watch the papa tutorial to see what I mean:
http://papa.org/blog/2011/09/love-never-dies/

FarSight, go for it! :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm not sure if the license would be out of reach - the movie did not do very well at the box office, and its license is not in much demand.

Definitely a table worth bringing to TPA if possible, even though the real one relentlessly kicks my arse.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
A tough game that seems very popular among hardcore collectors. Would love to see this one. Maybe for Halloween with Haunted House or Scared Stiff. Doesn't seem like it would be an expensive license, but you never know.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
I would love for this table to be made. I remember spending alot of quarters on this one. When I ran out of money I remember pushing the start button just to hear Oldman's Dracula voice say: "Aren't you forgetting something?" If this table is done for TPA it would be a dream come true. It would be so perfect for a "Halloween pack or Horror pack" release with Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

Im not sure how all the copyright licences work but there's the likeness of six actors on the table: Anthony Hopkins, Gary Oldman, Winona Ryder, Keanu Reeves, Tom Waits and Sadie Frost. I don't now how this would complicate things for aquiring the license.

Hoping for the best. . .

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Not the most in depth of BSD video reviews, but it does give a nice look at mist multiball. How cool is that?

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
At the time of release, I wasn't a huge fan of this machine. There seemed to be more pins around that same time that occupied my time more than this one.

Would be nice to see again though.

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013
It's probably bad form to bump this, but the thread had a bump 6 months after it started.

Would just like to see if everyone's still interested in this one? I'm looking for a real-live BSD... A TPA version would be a lovely stop gap.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It's probably bad form to bump this, but the thread had a bump 6 months after it started.

Would just like to see if everyone's still interested in this one? I'm looking for a real-live BSD... A TPA version would be a lovely stop gap.

Not bad form at all. A very cool pin. With the announcement of Pinball After Dark, I think this would fit nicely when that gets going.
Good luck finding a nice real one. Would be a cool pin to own for sure.

N

netizen

Yup, i'm a masochist when it comes to pinball, and BSD is one of those tables, alongside Dr. Who, that really seem to stick it to the player while still providing that "just one more" factor.

IDK what it is, but that's one of the magic factors for a good game, IMO.

Last edited:

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013
This one can go anywhere at this point. But I'd STILL like to see this one come through.

Pinball After Dark confirmed?

Not bad form at all. A very cool pin. With the announcement of Pinball After Dark, I think this would fit nicely when that gets going.
Good luck finding a nice real one. Would be a cool pin to own for sure.

Yeah!

Yup, i'm a masochist when it comes to pinball, and BSD is one of those tables, alongside Dr. Who, that really seem to stick it to the player while still providing that "just one more" factor.

IDK what it is, but that's one of the magic factors for a good game, IMO.

The Papa vid was pretty good (I'd seen it before)... it's always funny to hear him say "that's disappointing!" when he drains... because you know he wants to curse.

You're right; I remember playing this pin in the 90's at some movie theater... very tough, but cool theme, cool music... and the 10/20/30 Million callouts were great.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Another big +1 on BSD. This is tops on my list for tables that haven't already made TPA. I would also still like to see Sorcerer slip back in as well.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I'd love to see this. I think the most expensive aspect would be Gary Oldman who did voice work for it, and I believe Anthony Hopkins is on the backglass.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts