Questions On The Pinball Arcade's Facebook Wall Already Answered Here

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
It seems that everytime I check TPA's Facebook wall, there's always someone asking a question that's already been answered here on the forum. I don't understand why people still insist on asking questions on Facebook (only to have their question buried in a matter of hours) instead of just joining us here at the forums and actually finding the answers to their questions. TPA's Facebook wall should be left to focus on official announcements by FarSight and not cluttered with questions and requests IMO. This was the main reason Gord set up this forum, to have organized communication between fans and FarSight employees. The sooner everyone figures this out, the more we can accomplish as a whole.

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
Well, most folks don't know about the forum probably. Weren't there only 2 messages posted about it on Facebook (which then of course disappeared as more people asked when it was coming out on 360 & PS3)?

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
One thing we can do is answer their question by saying, "This has ben answered here: (insert link to thread from this forum)".

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
One thing we can do is answer their question by saying, "This has ben answered here: (insert link to thread from this forum)".

Yes, that's a great idea! I'm sure some of the regulars here could take care of this cross-referencing and it might make the numbers grow over here even more...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I posted the link a few times in comments and will continue to do so. Hopefully Farsight will put up a permanent link soon.

Craig Booth

Feb 28, 2012
It might be a good idea if someone creates a FAQ, this will free up a lot of space with questions in the forum if more people register. I would do it myself but can't find the time at present to do much.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
They would still ask. People are still asking stupid questions about when it will be released for android and iOS or if they will put theater of magic out as dlc.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Lol troll much, trot back to facebook already

Unfortunately there is always the influx of new forum members that sign up and bring their entire Facebook attitude like "Tori" above. I am sure that she isn't the only negative new person we will have to deal with now that the "vote on Classic Stern" movement is underway. Hopefully we get mostly people with meaningful contributions to the discussions.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
There are far more new members that are fun to have around than negative ones.

Very good to hear. I tend not to pay attention to post counts except for trolls. When they have less than 10 posts and at least 7 of them are off-topic/ultra-negative without any facts to back them up, you know what they are up to.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Very good to hear. I tend not to pay attention to post counts except for trolls. When they have less than 10 posts and at least 7 of them are off-topic/ultra-negative without any facts to back them up, you know what they are up to.

The best thing you can do is report the post and let one of us deal with the poster.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I won't touch Facebook with a ten foot poll. I am so happy for this fantastic for forum. It is my electronic social media site and it's about one of my favorite things, pinball. I want to thank Gord, PinWiz and Jeff for keeping this forum a fun and friendly place for us pinball lovers.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The FORUM is less RELIABLE then the GAME! Of course we don't post here!

Welcome to the forum Tori. Would you mind elaborating on what you find less reliable about this forum? We're always open to feedback from our forum members that could aid us in making further improvements to the forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts