Buck Rogers vs. Flash Gordon - Who wins?

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
And who has the better pinball table?

buckrogers.jpg
flashgordonp.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Don't recall ever seeing or playing either of these. But based on how they look, I would go with Flash Gordon. I'm a sucker for tables with a cool top section like that.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Do either table play the theme songs? Even a 8 bit rendition of Queen would interest me , and I see Buck Rogers was Gottlieb and Flash was Bally , personally regarless of music or not i'm liking the Flash Gordon .

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The Flash Gordan table looks more interesting to play but I like the artwork and colors on Buck Rodgers. Buck Rodgers would beat Flash Gordan PEW PEW PEW!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
As a person who has played both of these, my opinion is that there is no comparison. Buck Rogers feels like just about any 70's era pin while Flash Gordon is a two level pin which is fast and uncompromising. FG also has modern (for its time) sound effects and voice work.

One thing I'd like to point out is that FG looks a awful lot like Black Knight. Especially on the left side. This came as no surprise when I listened to Steve Ritchie's Topcast interview where he stated that FG's designer, Claude Fernandez, was a friend of his and was working at Williams during the development of BK. One day Fernandez came to Ritchie and told him that he was leaving. The next thing they knew, Fernandez was working at Bally and had unveiled FG, a table that has some of the same characteristics that BK had. Sounds a little coincidental to me.

Nonetheless, FG is a really decent table and wipes the floor with Buck Rogers.

Wolis

Jul 12, 2012
Likewise I have played both (in RL). I have fond memories of Buck Rodgers (based on a recent movie of the time) but it was so ho-hum.
Flash Gordon (based on the recent movie of the time) was fancy.. but too much like a poor-mans Black Knight.
Maybe if they just added a second flipper up the top and they were normal size I would feel better about it.. but either way neither is a Williams. I was a Gottlieb fan until I found Williams.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Erin Grey in those leather catsuits. Enough said!

I had the pleasure of meeting her in Los Angeles at a comic convention years ago, she's actively doing script treatments , and writing plays and stuff , the years have been kind to her Im happy to report.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I had the pleasure of meeting her in Los Angeles at a comic convention years ago, she's actively doing script treatments , and writing plays and stuff , the years have been kind to her Im happy to report.

Lucky guy Sinistar! In my head I would have been polite and restrained. In reality, a gibbering mess.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just played these last weekend back to back because of this thread.
Flash gordon being the newer table is more fun to play, the only thing I did'nt like was the strobe light that BLINDS YOU! if you look at the back glass in the middle top there is an actual strobe light bulb. Buck Rodgers was fun to and I played it first to give it a fair chance,I like the table art or all around art more but I want more from my pinball games.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts