Request PLEASE! Remove the obnoxious "Buy" and "Owned" Splashes!

What do you think about the "Buy" and "Owned" splashes?

• I think they're a helpful reminder of which tables I bought!

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • I think the "Buy" splash is fine but see no need for "Owned"!

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • They're both unnecessary and should be removed completely!

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Okay, so maybe I could understand adding a splash to the selection screen saying "BUY NOW!" for tables that haven't been purchased. But why, for the love of god, would you add an "OWNED" splash that obscures the table art and cheapens the aesthetic value of the selection screen??!!!!

I own four versions of The Pinball Arcade - PS3, Vita, iPod Touch, and iPad - with all tables purchased on each version. Obviously, the PSN ones aren't a problem. But the iPad version was easily my favorite to play until FarSight decided to add those obnoxious adverts to the menu!

Please, please, please, get rid of those things immediately. Leave the "BUY NOW!" ones for all I care, but don't punish the paying players! Believe me, those of us willing to pay $30 for the twelve tables through in-app DLC already know that we bought them!

pleasenosplash.jpg

Zyo75

Jul 28, 2012
I totally agree, please remove them.
P.S. I'm already craving for the new DLC :rolleyes:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Agreed, looks very unprofessional, get rid of both and make the interface as clean as possible. The interface seems to be getting worse with additions like this before it gets better. Not sure how much this sort of thread will help though, the app still has the awful carpets even after people complained

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
TOTALLY PWNED BRO!

Yeah, I could do with a different indicator, but it's pretty low on my list of complaints. I want a list or grid view much more.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Agreed, looks very unprofessional, get rid of both and make the interface as clean as possible. The interface seems to be getting worse with additions like this before it gets better. Not sure how much this sort of thread will help though, the app still has the awful carpets even after people complained

I know some people argue that the gawdy carpets are just an authentic part of the arcade experience, but there is not ONE convincing argument that you could give me for those stinkin' "OWNED" splashes. Also, the carpets are part of 3D modeling and development, while the splashes were added through the simplest of updates and can thus be removed just as easily.

There's no need to overstate the aggravation of "BUY NOW" splashes since they're a common marketing device, you can buy your way out of them, and I would purchase the tables anyway. But to have an equally intrusive splash after you purchase the table... It actually detracts from the integrity of the collection, and I'm surprised that FarSight would ever approve putting them in there in the first place! Why would you meticulously recreate each table to the millimeter, then cover part of the backglass with a cheap decal?! It makes less than no sense.

Last edited:

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Really?! What turd voted for keeping them? Even including that option in the poll was obviously sarcastic.

okurka

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
I almost got a heart attack when I first saw the "OWNED" sign, I thought someone hacked my iPad.

Mudfinger

Jun 6, 2012
It absolutely cheapens the look of the interface! Get rid of the "OWNED" at the very least , Farsight.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Really?! What turd voted for keeping them? Even including that option in the poll was obviously sarcastic.

If you only want people to confirm you pov, dont make a poll. And no I wasnt the turd, I didnt pick any as I missed the fourth option: "Really couldn't care less".

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
If you only want people to confirm you pov, dont make a poll. And no I wasnt the turd, I didnt pick any as I missed the fourth option: "Really couldn't care less".

People who don't care one way or another shouldn't vote in this poll anyway. But for those who have an opinion on the subject, I can guarantee that no one likes having that splash. Consider the in-app cost, the authenticity of every other part of the game, and the quality of the visual presentation. I'm sorry, but in this particular case, players either don't care, or they want the splash removed. There is no middle ground.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
People who don't care one way or another shouldn't vote in this poll anyway. But for those who have an opinion on the subject, I can guarantee that no one likes having that splash. Consider the in-app cost, the authenticity of every other part of the game, and the quality of the visual presentation. I'm sorry, but in this particular case, players either don't care, or they want the splash removed. There is no middle ground.

Oh really? When I first saw it in the iOS beta, I was thinking "well thats usefull" as I dont have all tables on my ipad. I also saw 0 feedback from those in there as well on that particular feature. Dont make the mistake your pov is everyone elses.

Last edited:

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
I'm not targeting you, bavelb. But I'm not going to apologize for having a strong opinion on something that clearly defies logic. As I stated before, leaving the "Buy Now" splashes that you're referring to could be viewed as a marketing decision. There's nothing useful about the "Owned" splash.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
He's not talking about your strong opinion, he's talking about you seemingly thinking that everyone else has to have the same one, or they're a "turd".

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Shouldnt it be OWN as you still own the the tabled ints not like you own it then got rid of it making it past tense owned? I voted for I like it! Call me a turd I dont care i did it just to spite this crybaby poll. :)

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
He's not talking about your strong opinion, he's talking about you seemingly thinking that everyone else has to have the same one, or they're a "turd".

Indeed.
Shouldnt it be OWN as you still own the the tabled ints not like you own it then got rid of it making it past tense owned?
No, I OWN the table...

...but the table is OWNED by me.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
The poll should have consited of only one option. Now that would be funny.

Honestly, when I made the turd comment, I already had some direct suspicion over who did it, as I expected them to select that option out of spite. That should not have been taken as a blanket statement. If some people really feel like those splashes are a positive, fine, but I would have to guess that most of those selecting that option either don't care or think that I'm being too anal.

I genuinely think that the splashes are displeasing and want them removed. My opinion about it has been strong enough that I figured no one would disagree. I still won't apologize for having that strong opinion, but I also didn't mean to offend anyone else by my previous comment. Likewise, I don't think an honest effort at improving the game should be seen as a "crybaby poll".

And you're right, Skill Shot, maybe if I only expected a single response, I should have included only one option. That probably would have been funnier, but like I said, the whole thing was meant to be tongue-in-cheek since I doubted anyone would disagree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts