Help with the Pinball Sales Flyer Collection

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
So, a few weeks ago, I decided to take all of my sales flyers and assemble them into one consistent collection. I decided to place my favorite flyers/machines into a protective binder that would read like a history of pinball. It includes 100 of the best tables from 12 different manufacturers, spanning the four decades between 1973 and 2012, with at least one flyer for each year. I know, I know. It's mind-bogglingly OCD, but if you can get past the dorkyness of the whole thing, I still think it makes an awesome coffee table piece for the game room.

Anyway, I wanted some of the pinball enthusiasts here to look at the list and make any suggestions for what I may be lacking in the collection. Your input is appreciated:

psfc.jpg

It also serves as a pool of pinball tables that I would like to see in TPA, and I'm happy that quite a few have already made the cut.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
That is some collection of flyers. I'm jealous. Would love a cool collection like that, but I know I am far too lazy to do all of the leg work. You even have some really obscure ones in there, plus all of my favorites, with the exception of Evel Knievel (unless I just missed it). Wish I could see it in person.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thanks for the pics. How cool is Elvira? Easy to forget how colorful those flyers are. I see them on eBay now and then. So I assume their are quite a few collectors out there.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
If you can get a Slick Chick flyer, I think that would make a nice addition to your collection. Looks like a great set as it is though. Congrats!

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Alright, so Skill_Shot makes a good point about JOKERZ! not being in the 100 listed, but I DO actually have a JOKERZ! flyer. If you had to swap out one flyer from the core collection, which would it be? Does everyone agree that JOKERZ! should even be included?

I wonder what I should do with the duplicates and overflow of flyers from tables I'm not particularly fond of. Certainly, I'll keep a couple dozen that I like but just don't fit into the 40-year Top 100 binder, just in case I decide to do something different with them in the future, but there are quite a few that are just cluttering the file cabinet...

Oh, and Slick Chick is a cool suggestion, but it far pre-dates those listed. I've never played Evel Knievel, so I'm not sure how it compares to other early solid-states. I'll take Kolchak's comment as a recommendation to try it, though I don't know what the chances of running into one would ever be. PAPA warehouse, maybe?

http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/evel-knievel/

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I played this Evel Knievel often as a kid. Loved the theme and bright artwork on the table. The gameplay and layout is pretty typical of that mid 70's era. It was quite popular at the time, they must have made pretty many units.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
By the way, Jersey Jack is sending me some Oz sales flyers whenever they get them printed, if anyone is interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.