Is there some trick to the Ringmaster Hideout wizard goal?

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
I've completed all of the Standard goals and four of the Wizard goals, but this one Wizard goal has been eluding me. The instructions just say that if the ball comes off the Ringmaster and goes into the hole beneath him, you get this bonus. But I've played probably about 4 hours of this table, and started countless Ringmaster battles, and not once have I gotten this to happen. Is there some kind of nudging trick or something I'm missing, or is it just totally random?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Think of it as "Rudy Gulp". The instructions are a bit misleading in that it sounds you can only do this when the ringmaster releases the ball. This isn't true: Sometimes the ringmaster, while being up already, shortly pops up further, allowing you to shoot a ball inside him quick (as like Rudy opening his mouth and you shooting a ball in) and that is also a Ringmaster Hideout.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Before launching your ball after a lock and the ringmaster is popped up if you wait a second he will rise up for a couple seconds you have to hit it in there if you can launch so it hits bottom right pop bumper or BOOM balloon if its up.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Like the Rudy Gulp, I've had this happen accidentally numerous times. I just thought I'd rub that in.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
I had no trouble with Rudy Gulp (he talks very frequently), but this is just ridiculous. Especially if you're supposed to be doing something particular with the plunger, because the plunger resolution is almost worthless on all of these tables.

I really wish Farsight would choose goals that are actually challenging to achieve for legitimate reasons instead of due to limitations in their own gameplay mechanics or random luck. Less "Rudy Gulp" and "Taxi Special" and more "4-way combos" please.

Thanks for the suggestions, though. I'll keep a closer eye on him after locks.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I think you are misunderstanding what this goal is. It's nothing to do with the plunger. It's just a regular, timed shot at a specific opportunity. After you've summoned a ringmaster, but before you've struck him, just trap a ball and wait for him to pop up for a second to "tease" you. He will pop up for good once you hit him or his spot targets five times. But before then he will occasionally just pop up for a quick second. If you can sink the hole while he's up you get the goal. It's the easiest of CV's wizard goals by sight.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
Thanks, Brandon, for the far more specific description of when this is possible. That helped immensely.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
6MB8s.gif
Glad I could help. Congrats on the goal and good luck on the rest of them. I've linked to this thread from the relevant goal in our master goals list to benefit others who find themselves in your situation. Be sure to check there if you need help on other goals and feel free to request tips on any that hasn't yet been covered.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
i picked up this goal totally on accident. in fact, i dont think i even did anything. it was something like, ringmaster dropped the ball, it bounced off the boom balloon and went right back into the hole, and i got a goal i didn't know existed. seemed like a 1 in 1000 shot.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Yeah, sometimes the ball just ricochets into the Ringmaster's neck after he drops it. I think that was how I discovered that the Hideout score existed.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I had no trouble with Rudy Gulp (he talks very frequently), but this is just ridiculous. Especially if you're supposed to be doing something particular with the plunger, because the plunger resolution is almost worthless on all of these tables.

There actually is a plunger skill shot on Cirqus Voltaire, but it's a different shot. It's very hard to get in TPA.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
There actually is a plunger skill shot on Cirqus Voltaire, but it's a different shot. It's very hard to get in TPA.

It certainly isn't, at least not on Xbox 360. Just pull the plunger back about 50% and completely let go of it. You will get the skill shot every time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.