PS3 - Request PS3 DLC for Aus

Kentally

Aug 15, 2012
Hi I got this game and cant find any of the DLC for PS3 in Aus. Has anything been released yet. I have no desire to make a USA account to get it.

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
Don't waste your time looking for it. Its not there and won't be there until late September at the earliest. Disappointing.

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
" He " is talking sense. Crazy as it sounds Europe and Australia come under the same region on the PSN.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Dear outside of North America PS3 owners .

You have the option of making a sub account on PS3 , the accounts are region locked , so if you add another user and give a new email different than the AUS / Europe email account you used, then register as a user in the USA . You then give out a fake US address and identity , and you now can enjoy our US PSN store account on that sub account , which is playable VIA that PS3 on both accounts , BUT only the US account will be able to access or be given credit for that account . This is much easier for you , as I wanted access to Japan PSN and I cant read Japanese . look on Youtube for more hints, but basically you need another email account to tie to a sub account under "add a new user" on your PS3 options.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
But isnt the problem with purchases? I cant buy from EU with my credit card, are PSN cards interchangeable between SCEA and SCEU? I made EU and JP accounts for demos etc. but I wasnt aware I could purchase from the store.

countcb

Jul 16, 2012
Will the US DLC work with EU TPA installations?
I never did use a fake account so far fearing the problems and incompatibilities that arise from time to time.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
No EU SCEU and SCEA cards and credit are never interchangeable .

For purchases of course you need to buy a US PSN card . There are many folks willing to sell those on Ebay or from sites like PlayAsia , you need not wait for the PSN US card , few sellers will just send the scratch redeem code , but make sure you select a seller with good feedback if you do it on EBay . It's alot of hassle but once your set up , you will be gaming instead of waiting .

I would advise against ever using a credit card for PSN purchases , Anonymous this week just hoaxed another PSN hacking incident , so they are still out looking for trouble with Sony.

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Will the US DLC work with EU TPA installations?
I never did use a fake account so far fearing the problems and incompatibilities that arise from time to time.

You bring up a valid point , the DLC might not work with a existing EU TPA base program , but both are in english and FARSIGHT could tell us if the coding is changed for regions or the base program has the exact same install path . Someone interested might PM Mike Reitmeyer for clarification .

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
I believe all content is region locked. So if you have the EU Pinball Arcade you should buy EU add-on packs other wise your out of pocket.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I believe all content is region locked. So if you have the EU Pinball Arcade you should buy EU add-on packs other wise your out of pocket.

At this point it's all speculative , from other games I understand DLC will work if the game is based on same language , but Jap DLC wont work on english DLC , again we need a FarSight employee to clarify this . I will say:

making a Sub account would be a good thing if you live outside North America and plan on buying the base game and DLCs , but maybe not if you already have the base TPA already (why buy it twice ?)

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
At this point it's all speculative , from other games I understand DLC will work if the game is based on same language , but Jap DLC wont work on english DLC , again we need a FarSight employee to clarify this . I will say:

making a Sub account would be a good thing if you live outside North America and plan on buying the base game and DLCs , but maybe not if you already have the base TPA already (why buy it twice ?)

You wouldnt be able to play the NA dlc when you buy it, as you need the update to the base game to even see it, which isnt available to the EU version. The 2 ARE different games as well as far as your system is concenrned: I have them both running side by side on my ps3 (just demo version for EU obv.)

I have the NA version and bought NA DLC with cards purchased of websites. You generally pay a bit more dollars than the card is worth (say 24 dollars for a 20 dollar card), however the exchangerate makes it actually cheaper in the end, if not by much.

You buy our game with an NA account (just use some business address to make an account)' but can play them with your regular EU account on your ps3.

This doesnt work very well for your vita however, unless you restrict the vita to the NA account and buy everything for it of there cause the Vita can only be attached to 1 profile at a time.

Last edited:

Kentally

Aug 15, 2012
Thanks for the Replies,

I understand how to make and use a us psn acc but I dont want to cause its the hassell of then having to get US credit etc. I just find it annoying that these games are put out for purchase in EU / Aus etc, but the DLC isnt made available the same time. I dont care if there is a delay but PS3 EU / AUS ahould be same as PS3 US. When you read the advertising to purchase, it makes out there will be constant DLC monthly which dosnt appear to be the case at all. I like the game very much but am annoyed over the DLC issue.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Blame sony of europe, they are the ones that want a seperate QA cycle from Sony of America. This means basically you get 2 approval cycles worth of time in EU and then on top they cant manage the influx of submissions so they put devs like FS on hold for months on end.

Its been the same for the last 2 years for all not-so-massmarket games, The original TPA already came out 2' 3? Months after the NA version because their approval took 8 weeks or so.Luckily I had bought the NA version, and get my points online so no hassle and its cheaper due to exchange rate.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts