Request EM Tables

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I heard back from Farsight when I asked about plans for EM tables and I'm extremely disappointed. I was told that there is no plan for the next year or so for EM tables. Also when I asked about Stern Electronics and Chicago Coin, I was told that have the rights, but they have to focus on tables they can emulate. This is especially disappointing since an EM table was announced (Big Shot) and there was a question from Farsight asking about EM tables. I was disappointed that some of the more notable EMs were absent from the Gottlieb collection and the Williams collection had only one mediocore EM. I was hoping that Pinball Arcade would make up for the lack of EMs previously, but sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case. I understand that the focus is on ROM emulated tables, but there were hints that EMs would show up, and since these don't use ROMs, I thought that this would make support easier, not harder. I don't feel they should be ruled out or delayed just becuase they don't use ROMs.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I heard back from Farsight when I asked about plans for EM tables and I'm extremely disappointed. I was told that there is no plan for the next year or so for EM tables. Also when I asked about Stern Electronics and Chicago Coin, I was told that have the rights, but they have to focus on tables they can emulate. This is especially disappointing since an EM table was announced (Big Shot) and there was a question from Farsight asking about EM tables. I was disappointed that some of the more notable EMs were absent from the Gottlieb collection and the Williams collection had only one mediocore EM. I was hoping that Pinball Arcade would make up for the lack of EMs previously, but sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case. :(

I understand your disappointment on EM tables being put on the back burner. I love playing pinball tables period, so I'll be buying every single table FarSight releases without giving it a second thought whether it's EM or SS. My guess is that with all the fan buzz going around about TPA at the moment, most of the buzz is in reference to seeing SS tables as dlc. I'm sure FarSight has noticed this and has decided to focus mainly on SS tables to attract as many gamers to TPA as possible. The first year of release will be critical for FarSight and will more than likely set the pace on how many and what types of tables (licensed or not) FarSight will be able to release in the future.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I'd like to see EMs released alongside SS tables simply for a change of pace. They can release one of each some month. Maybe every few months. With the right marketing, EMs will sell. But, with all of the rereleases from previous collections, plus the new tables we already know they are working on, and only releasing two a month, I can see how it well take more than a year to get to some EMs.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I'd like to see EMs released alongside SS tables simply for a change of pace. They can release one of each some month. Maybe every few months. With the right marketing, EMs will sell. But, with all of the rereleases from previous collections, plus the new tables we already know they are working on, and only releasing two a month, I can see how it well take more than a year to get to some EMs.

I'm just hoping EMs will get much better than the crappy treatment they got for Williams PHoF (I love the collection, though).

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Man, this is unfortunate news. I thought they were planning to release an EM or two sometime this year since they had a topic awhile back where they were asking us to nominate EM tables that we wanted to see and they got a ton of responses (I think there were over 100 comments).

I love older tables, so this is a bummer. I love the newer stuff too, but I'd like to see a good mix of both. Hopefully we'll at least get a healthy dose of early SS tables.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Man, this is unfortunate news. I thought they were planning to release an EM or two sometime this year since they had a topic awhile back where they were asking us to nominate EM tables that we wanted to see and they got a ton of responses (I think there were over 100 comments).

Half of those responses voted for SS stuff like Eight Ball Deluxe and one post even said Eight Ball Deluxe and Sharkey's Shootout are the same game. There were still a lot of posts voting for EMs, but it's extremely disappointing if this was part of the reason EMs won't be planned for awhile.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Half of those responses voted for SS stuff like Eight Ball Deluxe and one post even said Eight Ball Deluxe and Sharkey's Shootout are the same game. There were still a lot of posts voting for EMs, but it's extremely disappointing if this was part of the reason EMs won't be planned for awhile.

It's unfortunate, but the game and dlc must sell before they can expand their options.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
It's unfortunate, but the game and dlc must sell before they can expand their options.

I thought with the lack of ROM emulation that EMs would be less demanding to do and less demanding on certain platforms too. Pinball Arcade is already doing well on iOS and Android too.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I thought with the lack of ROM emulation that EMs would be less demanding to do and less demanding on certain platforms too. It's already doing well on iOS and Android too.

They have to make sure people purchase TPA when it's released on the other platforms as well. By the way, notice how they didn't ask what SS tables we would like to see? They already know SS tables will sell and it didn't help that over half the people voting for their favorite EM tables actually named early SS tables instead as you pointed out.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
It would probably help if there was a topic here about which EMs you would like to see. I just hope they don't do the same thing they did with El Dorado for the Wii and PSP Gottlieb collections. I don't want just the SS El Dorado or only Royal Flush Deluxe.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
It would probably help if there was a topic here about which EMs you would like to see. I just hope they don't do the same thing they did with El Dorado for the Wii and PSP Gottlieb collections. I don't want just the SS El Dorado or only Royal Flush Deluxe.

I wouldn't mind seeing some EM tables released for TPA. Like I said, I love playing pinball and I'm still lucky enough to get to play more than my fair share of EM and SS tables in real life. They are both entertaining and satisfying in their own unique way.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Personally, while Gottlieb has some good SS tables, I think having the Gottlieb license without EMs is a waste. Many of their better tables are EMs and it's a huge part of who they are. I also feel EMs are a huge part of pinball and if none of the better EMs get made for Pinball Arcade, I'll be extremely disappointed. Anyway, I thought EMs would be a given due to the lack of ROM emulation and would make them easier to convert, so it's extremely disappointing to hear that may be main reason for the lack of support for them.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Personally, while Gottlieb has some good SS tables, I think having the Gottlieb license without EMs is a waste. Many of their better tables are EMs and it's a huge part of who they are. I also feel EMs are a huge part of pinball and if none of the better EMs get made for Pinball Arcade, I'll be extremely disappointed. Anyway, I thought EMs would be a given due to the lack of ROM emulation and would make them easier to convert, so it's extremely disappointing to hear that may be main reason for the lack of support for them.

So true.....

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I got a reply from Farsight. I misunderstood. EMs are still in the plans, just not for this year. Anyway, I think it's cool that they have the rights to Stern Electronics and Chicago Coin tables. I wouldn't mind seeing Meteor (SS) eventually. I played Nugent (early SS) recently. While it's not up there with Royal Flush, it's still a good solid pin and I'll definitely buy it if it comes out.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I figured we'd at least get Big Shot this year since it's in the iTunes description, but I'll be happy since we'll hopefully still get some older SS tables this year (maybe Space Shuttle and Pin-bot).....but of course I'll be buying every table they put out :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I got a reply from Farsight. I misunderstood. EMs are still in the plans, just not for this year. Anyway, I think it's cool that they have the rights to Stern Electronics and Chicago Coin tables. I wouldn't mind seeing Meteor (SS) eventually. I played Nugent (early SS) recently. While it's not up there with Royal Flush, it's still a good solid pin and I'll definitely buy it if it comes out.

You didn't misunderstand, you said in your first post that FarSight wouldn't be releasing EM tables in the next year or so which is obviously still the plan. I'm sure we'll see them down the road, just not within the first year of dlc releases.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
You didn't misunderstand, you said in your first post that FarSight wouldn't be releasing EM tables in the next year or so which is obviously still the plan. I'm sure we'll see them down the road, just not within the first year of dlc releases.

I was wrong about them being delayed, though. They weren't put on hold due to ROM emulation either (I misunderstood when I was asking about Stern tables. I think it was referring to the SAM emulation, which is in the works, but not ready yet). It's only becuase there's so many SS tables already in the works and requested. The titles listed on the App Store alone cover almost a year and, adding the possibility of other popular tables like Earthshaker, possible unannounced Stern tables, and hinted at tables like Dr. Dude, and two tables at a time, I think that should take up most of this year. I hope Meteor turns out to be a surprise for this year, though. I was also told that no tables have been ruled out when I asked about Big Bang Bar (Farsight couldn't tell me anything else, though).

Last edited:

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
After watch the History of Pinball show, my interest in the older EM stuff was piqued again. It would be great to have a whole swag of the EM tables, well all of them really :) but we just have to be patient I guess and enjoy the tables we do get dlc-ed. Only so much man power is available to make them. It doesn't stop us from wanting every table available right now though :cool:

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
It was also mentioned in the email that Big Shot (already confirmed) and the other EMs from the Gottlieb collection will definitely be released at some point too.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Ii have to say if they make an editor for the pc version, the first table i will make will be kings and queens. Already have a redrawn playfield and plastics

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts