Bug Mac Version 1.0.3 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SebWi

Jul 30, 2012
Unplayable. The whole game slows down in every game. Great that we're used as beta-testers AGAIN. You pay $5 for an unfinished product?! I'm playing on a MBP 2GHz i7, so I don't think it's my Mac. Nudge controls are still a joke (did anyone test those?! Reminds me of the flipper controls on the very first version, which was also unplayable), even more if you compare it to Zen Pinball for example. Also after you knock out the peeping Tom, you can't hit him anymore to get the fatality. If you get the snackbar fatality where you choke the guy, the choking sound doesn't continue as long as it should. Snackbar light doesn't work either, so most likely they just ported the iOS version, since there are the very same problems...
I figured that out on my first play, which took my only a couple of minutes, so it's very hard to believe that they actually test their game before throwing it out. Really, I love pinball...but Farsight is currently treating their paying customers as beta-testers. I'm beginning to doubt if they are worth supporting anymore...
This might be just my opinion, but to me it seems as if they're trying to make as much money as possible in a very short time while neglecting quality...This has nothing to do with the love for Pinball anymore, that's just greediness. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's excactly the image they're projecting to me.

Last edited:

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
What's the big problem with nudge? Seems to work fine for me, using z and / keys right and left of the shift keys is very playable and influences the movement of the ball greatly.

I haven't bought any new tables, but updated the game anyway.

I did notice Funhouse slow down today, where the ball seemed to travel in laggy slow motion. I haven't been able to repeat this as I'm away from my computer for a few days.

The graphics are apparently iOS graphics assets, look messy and need improving.

SebWi

Jul 30, 2012
squidlr, you're simply to slow hitting z and another key. why not just use left/right alt or so, like on Zen Pinball?! Nudging with the mouse must be a joke...
gooche77, me neither, but we're talking about the Mac-Version....

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
Portrait mode in Settings is still not usable, can't click Back at all.

Also not playable on Mac Mini with Radeon 6630M because of the driver bug in portrait mode (already submitted to both Apple and FarSight several weeks ago). Works fine in landscape mode. FarSight needs to test it in portrait mode as well. I can be a beta tester if you like =)

yhw36y9vyt.png

MF_

May 23, 2012
Unplayable. The whole game slows down in every game.

I get lots of slowdown when playing in window mode, but if I go full screen (CTRL+CMD+F) it's fine -no slowdown.

But I'm unable to access the Leaderboards. When I click the icon the app stops responding, spinning beach ball, and I have to force quit the process.

deufeufeu

Aug 9, 2012
squidlr, you're simply to slow hitting z and another key. why not just use left/right alt or so, like on Zen Pinball?! Nudging with the mouse must be a joke...
gooche77, me neither, but we're talking about the Mac-Version....

You can use this http://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/ to remap all the keys to your convenience. It looks like you are doing a bit of the work that FarSight should do however. I can't believe how lazy it is in 2012 to not permit key remap. I understand that their layout is frozen by the console versions but they could make a preferences panel in cocoa, it would take less than one hour of work.

Personnally, I made a little stand for my macbook with arcade parts. Two buttons on each side, one for the flipper and the other for the nudge. Works good.

MF_

May 23, 2012
Also, Facebook connect no longer works. The app hangs at "Connecting to Facebook".

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
I'm seeing a bug (which I think was there before) on the tables that use a button for launch (Monster Bash, Medieval Madness). The launch button doesn't respond to clicks on my MacBook Air 13-inch, Mid-2012.

Pressing the space bar launches... or... you have to click/drag/release like it was a plunger.

SebWi

Jul 30, 2012
I get lots of slowdown when playing in window mode, but if I go full screen (CTRL+CMD+F) it's fine -no slowdown.

Thanks, that did it for me too :) Still, they should sort out their issues before releasing yet another table while leaving the old ones unfixed...

Jay

May 19, 2012
I'm not sure if this is a PA bug or an Apple problem: I can't purchase any additional tables. When I try, I get the usual dialogue box asking if I want the table pack. I click "Buy" and get the usual Apple ID log-in box. Then immediately, I get another log-in box asking me to verify my billing info. PA vanishes (minimizes) and then the App Store opens and sits there trying to connect to something without success. There's nothing wrong with my Apple account or billing info. I'd never seen an app ask for that before. And I just updated all my iDevices just fine.

EDIT: I just got through playing Funhouse. The framerate is pretty bad -- and this is on a quad-core i7 iMac with 8 gb RAM and a 1 gb video chip. There's also an odd flickering. Certain parts of the table rapidly wink in and out at certain angles. This happened occasionally before, but not to this extent. Also, the ball seems heavier. That's not necessarily a bad thing; the table is now playing more like the real one. But it certainly makes it more challenging.

The other tables (besides the ones I couldn't buy) seem to be playing okay.

All of my high scores were wiped! This hadn't happened to me in any other update.

Last edited:

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
In order to purchase DLC, you have to be running OSX Lion or Mountain Lion. That is Apple's restriction, not TPA's. I'm sure it has to do with permissions or something.

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
I guess this is an issue with the underlying tables, but I'd like a consistent keyboard-based way to enter high score initials. The shift keys work on all tables (but Gorgar I think) and the space bar only works on tables with push-button launch instead of the plunger.

Jay

May 19, 2012
In order to purchase DLC, you have to be running OSX Lion or Mountain Lion. That is Apple's restriction, not TPA's. I'm sure it has to do with permissions or something.

I'm using ML and I don't think it has to do with permissions. Why does this happen only with PA? My other Mac apps don't behave that way. I did send a feedback report about it to Apple just in case. Meanwhile, Farsight won't be getting my money.

EDIT: I just clicked "Reset all warnings for buying and downloading" in the App Store and that fixed the problem.

Last edited:

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
How do you you activate the Magnasave on Black Knight? I don't see any onscreen buttons and there's nothing in the "controls" screen.

TheTenthEnemy

Apr 25, 2012
I'm not sure if this is a PA bug or an Apple problem: I can't purchase any additional tables. When I try, I get the usual dialogue box asking if I want the table pack. I click "Buy" and get the usual Apple ID log-in box. Then immediately, I get another log-in box asking me to verify my billing info. PA vanishes (minimizes) and then the App Store opens and sits there trying to connect to something without success. There's nothing wrong with my Apple account or billing info. I'd never seen an app ask for that before.

I have this same problem, and it isn't resolved by resetting the warnings in the App Store. I really want to give FarSight my money, but it doesn't look like I can purchase the DLC in this version of TPA. The old tables still seem to play fine on my machine, an i5 iMac running OS X Lion.

Oenta

Jul 10, 2012
Table instructions are working in the latest version on the mac! You cant access them with going to the regular instructions tab because it says "play all".
But..... go to your GOALS tab, then click on a goal... then you will see all the instrucions... FARSIGHT needs to fix this.

Also i found out how to play this version much more like the consoles:

hook up your mouse.
on my MBP i lay down my mouse directly under the direction keys.(using the metal as a mouse pad) then i use my left hand to nudge table with my mouse(works great, you can also nudge softly) and my left and right middlefinger to control the flippers... it looks weird, but it works. I've reached a 1Billion score on monster bash doing that....

But FARSIGHT please come up with a better control scheme! and a way to nudge soft and hard on the regular keyboard. Also the nudge keys needs to be reversed.

AND.... let us nudge and press the flippers at the same time!

Also, my ps3 controller doesnt work with this version.. when i plug it in, i cant even start the app..
Please support a joystick officially!

thanks,
Jeroen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.