The Soundtrack for Pinball Obsession

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
So, here's a weird question, but I think it's one we can all enjoy.

Again, my entertainment-OCD plays into this. When I get hooked on a certain video game, I usually keep my iPod running the soundtrack whenever I'm in the car. When I get jazzed about an upcoming or recent movie release, same thing. But what do you do about a pinball obsession?

Well, there are three answers I can think of... First, I would love to have that Chris Kline and Various Artists soundtrack from FarSight's Williams Collection, but short of ripping the audio off of YouTube clips or trying to find a torrent with no seeders, it doesn't seem like an option. Is there a LEGITIMATE way of getting the PHoFWC-OST?

Secondly, an option that would take more thought and input from my fellow pinheads - assemble a playlist of every pop/rock song ever licensed for a pinball machine, starting with Edgar Winter from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein! Any thoughts on this one?

And the third option, a last resort by default... Arrange a bunch of 80's Brit rock and hair metal that you can remember playing over the overmodulated speakers of the local arcade, and at least the connection to pinball can be sentimental.

So, what goes onto the iPod to fuel the current pinball obsession? You decide! And in the meantime, I'll keep listening to Journey's Separate Ways, followed closely by some Kim Wilde.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I too would love the opportunity to purchase Chris Kline's, et al., original score from the Williams Collection release. I do the same thing you do when I'm excited about a game. I listened to the official soundtracks to Bastion and The World Ends with You so much that I still enjoy them now even though I've finished the games.

And because I can't resist derailing every thread, apparently:
Journey's Separate Ways

Journey are one of my all-time favorite bands, and this is my favorite song of theirs. Outside of Journey I'm way into tech. death & progressive metal. So imagine my excitement when a prog metal band I like covered it a couple years ago.

Please to enjoy:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
VAN HALLEN
DEF LEAPORD
G-N-R
AEROSMITH
THE CARS
TALKING HEADS
AHA take on me
Flock of seagulls I RAN