360 - Bug Gorgar Ball Glitch - Xbox 360

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
GORGAR_BALL_GLITCH.jpg

Here's a ball glitch I found on the Xbox 360 version of Gorgar. To get this glitch, you must first load and start Monster Bash, then back out and load up Gorgar. Now start a new game on Gorgar and you'll get the ball glitch pictured above. The only way to reset the ball on Gorgar to the original steel ball is to completely exit the The Pinball Arcade and reload it again.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Looks to me like you're playing with a bright orb rather than a steel ball.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
This texturing error is also visible on the balls held on the left part of the playfield in ToTAN and TOM (PS3).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The only thing different about this one is that you have to activate the glitch by first starting a game on Monster Bash then backing out and then starting a game on Gorgar, otherwise, the ball looks like a steel ball as it should. Also, this doesn't happen when you play any of the other tables before playing Gorgar, only if you play Monster Bash first.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Ah, I noticed that one too but didn't figure out the conditions under which it occurred.

On PHoF (Wii), I actually play Gorgar with a white custom ball to make it easier to see against all the busy playfield graphics. It's not as much of a problem in HD, but it's amusing that this bug makes it look kind of like that in TPA. I'm not sure I dislike it.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
What it actually looks like is a very brightly lit metal ball with sort of a matte texture, like brushed metal. Or like it's just Phong-shaded with blown-out lighting.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
GORGAR_BALL_GLITCH.jpg

Here's a ball glitch I found on the Xbox 360 version of Gorgar. To get this glitch, you must first load and start Monster Bash, then back out and load up Gorgar. Now start a new game on Gorgar and you'll get the ball glitch pictured above. The only way to reset the ball on Gorgar to the original steel ball is to completely exit the The Pinball Arcade and reload it again.

Hmm I just played mb than gorgar and had a normal ball. Do you need to quit the table midgame perhaps to replicate this?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hmm I just played mb than gorgar and had a normal ball. Do you need to quit the table midgame perhaps to replicate this?

Yes, start a game on Monster Bash then back out without finishing the game.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Oddly I saw this once while we were working on those tables, but never reproduced it and couldn't figure out how it happened. Only ever saw it on one of the Xbox's here so we thought maybe his setup was out of date.

Thanks for posting the steps, I should be able to fix this once I figure out why it happens.

Edited: I know what the issue is, It'll be fixed in the next title update. Thanks for reporting.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Oddly I saw this once while we were working on those tables, but never reproduced it and couldn't figure out how it happened. Only ever saw it on one of the Xbox's here so we thought maybe his setup was out of date.

Thanks for posting the steps, I should be able to fix this once I figure out why it happens.

Edited: I know what the issue is, It'll be fixed in the next title update. Thanks for reporting.

Thanks for looking into the glitch and fixing it for the next Title Update.

Members online

Members online