Request Extern beta testing please

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
So after the MB unlimited jackpots bug which makes leaderboards highscores mostly useless, FarSight needs someone from outside for beta testing in my opinion. I don't blame anyone for this kind of bug as I know they are very busy in creating all these great tables for us and don't have the time for intensive beta tests. They clearly need some extern people to help them. I am sure most of us would even pay for this kind of support and it would be a win-win-situation for FarSight. Don't know if this is possible on the xbox but it's something to think about.

Last edited:

RKade8583

Apr 5, 2012
I have a gaming level pc and a 360 controller. I'd love to beta test pinballs. I can't seem to help breaking the damn things.

okurka

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
Wasn't one of the rewards of the TZ kickstarter to be a Beta tester of that table?
How are Xbox 360 users who donated $500 or more going to Beta test it without JTAG'ing (or RGH'ing) their console?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Wasn't one of the rewards of the TZ kickstarter to be a Beta tester of that table?
How are Xbox 360 users who donated $500 or more going to Beta test it without JTAG'ing (or RGH'ing) their console?

We won't, we will just get a redemption code when the time comes.

Emmanuel Papillon

Apr 26, 2012
So after the MB unlimited jackpots bug which makes leaderboards highscores mostly useless, FarSight needs someone from outside for beta testing in my opinion. I don't blame anyone for this kind of bug as I know they are very busy in creating all these great tables for us and don't have the time for intensive beta tests. They clearly need some extern people to help them. I am sure most of us would even pay for this kind of support and it would be a win-win-situation for FarSight. Don't know if this is possible on the xbox but it's something to think about.
Or they could, you know, do what every other company do? Test their damn software before making people buy it?

Who wants to bet that even if (if) this bug is ever patched, the leaderboards will stay forever broken and won't be reset? One more table down the drain, screwed by lack of testing, AGAIN. This is why I wait after every table release before buying.

I think it's insane to say: "oh, you were too busy making this game, so it's OK if it doesn't work and its whole purpose is ruined" and then beg for testing. It's supposed to be part of their work.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012

Considering 360 redemption codes were only added halfway (before 360 kickstarters were SOOL), the 360 was never mentioned in the betatesting process.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Or they could, you know, do what every other company do? Test their damn software before making people buying it?

Who wants to bet that even if (if) this bug is ever patched, the leaderboards will stay forever broken and won't be reset?
One more table down the drain, screwed by lack of testing, AGAIN.

The leaderboards for Monster Bash and Gorgar are currently offline and will probably stay that way until the Frankenstein Multiball glitch is fixed.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
The leaderboards for Monster Bash and Gorgar are currently offline and will probably stay that way until the Frankenstein Multiball glitch is fixed.

Hmm, I was wondering how they would go around battling this conundrum, and I didnt even consider that move. Sounds the smartest thing to do, in light of the table being in the wild already.

Considering I mostly play to beat my own hiscores (and fight my way up the leaderboard that way) this wont hurt me too much in my enjoyment (rather than playing normal myself and getting frustrated by exploiters), but I can imagine the outcry from the true leaderboard-competitors already.

Any ideas if they will bring the DLC itself up again PW or they holding that off for a few weeks?

Last edited:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
@PiN WiZ
Which hopefully won't take as long as usually which are 3-4 weeks

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hmm, I was wondering how they would go around battling this conundrum, and I didnt even consider that move. Sounds the smartest thing to do, in light of the table being in the wild already.

Any ideas if they will bring the DLC itself up again PW or they holding that off for a few weeks? Considering I mostly play to beat my own hiscores (and fight my way up the leaderboard that way) this wont hurt me too much in my enjoyment (rather than playing normal myself and getting frustrated by exploiters), but I can imagine the outcry from the true leaderboard-competitors already.

I'm hoping Mike will have some answers for us later today.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
thinking more about it: If it all would be in the hands of FS, I would rerelease the DLC so people can enjoy them, but rather keep leaderboards (and achievements?) offline than to get them up and corrupted by exploitscores and reset them in the long run (if thats even possible).

The end result would be the same anyway: your hiscore wont be registered on a board in the long run and the outcry of people losing their hiscore would be much bigger than when you keep em off.

If thats the course of action, I would at least be able to enjoy the tables without thinking "why bother".

Last edited:

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
If anybody here has a debug 360, FarSight could put new DLC up on PartnerNet and solicit you for external testing help.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Chances of any of us having a debug 360 = nil.

They're certainly higher than that. Anybody who works for a software studio who develop XBLA or retail 360 releases would have access to one. Anybody who writes for a major games journalism publication / website would too. There are a lot of debug systems out there. I see a lot of chatter about new stuff popping up on PartnerNet at my main games forum.

okurka

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
Chances of any of us having a debug 360 = nil.
Nope, I'm certain at least 1 here has such a device...

Or they could, you know, do what every other company do? Test their damn software before making people buy it?

Who wants to bet that even if (if) this bug is ever patched, the leaderboards will stay forever broken and won't be reset? One more table down the drain, screwed by lack of testing, AGAIN. This is why I wait after every table release before buying.

I think it's insane to say: "oh, you were too busy making this game, so it's OK if it doesn't work and its whole purpose is ruined" and then beg for testing. It's supposed to be part of their work.
I can understand the tables having bugs that are very hard to reproduce, but the MB bug was so obvious it couldn't be missed at all.

Last edited:

Emmanuel Papillon

Apr 26, 2012
I can understand the tables having bugs that are very hard to reproduce, but the MB bug was so obvious it couldn't be missed at all.
Indeed. And it was the same with the Medieval Madness flips being too far apart, and the Black Hole switch, and the plunger at launch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts