On the possibility of a new, TPA exclusive table from a classic designer

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
The most requested question for Bobby King in round 3 was, "Would you ever comission a new table design from a classic designer exclusively for TPA?"

Well, we'll see what he says about the issue when his answers are posted later, but there was a new announcement today that might shed some light on at least the possibility of this happening (which some doubted). Silverball Studios have announced their intention to "revive and remaster" Pro Pinball.

One of the blurbs on their teaser page reads:
Firstly, we want to ‘Revive’ the series with a brand new ultimate table for PC, Mac and iOS (other platforms to follow).

To do this we’ve teamed up with Pat Lawlor, creator of The Addams Family and The Twilight Zone!

Unhindered by the financial constraints of designing for the real world, Pat will be free to design the ultimate game he has always dreamed of making.
If Pat was willing to take on that project, then there is certainly hope that FarSight could land a similar engagement.

I for one still say they should approach John Popadiuk.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Down the road, when the well has become a bit dry, yes it'd be intriguing. At the moment though, fs' angle is "recreations" and Id rather see more of those. In their licensing contract they also might very well have prohibitions to allow room for this (make x amount of williams, sterns, gottliebs per year or you lose the license).

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I would buy it. There is always room for another table on my iPad, especially if it's created by one of the greats.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.