So how many tables in all?

BlindSpider11

Jun 26, 2012
I recentlty read from a user on the Data East thread that there will only be 40 to 50 tables (not that thats not alot) released for TPA, is this true?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I can't imagine that they will restrict themselves to a pre-determined number.

As long as there is demand, there will be tables released.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I would presume FarSight would continue releasing tables until it no longer makes business sense to do so. There is no shortage of tables to choose from, especially if/when they get some of the other ROMs' emulation figured out.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
40 to 50 seems incredibly optimistic. that's like 2+ years of non-stop monthly updates. i'd be ecstatic if that were the final count.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Assuming the project has become or will soon be profitable and they will continue on their current course, it will depend on their support/transition when the new consoles come out. In a perfect world we get 24 tables per year so the Data East user might base his assumption on that timeline.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
In the Pinball Arcade "making of" video Bobby King stated that they will be covering about 90% of the top 40 games of all time. That gives you about 36 tables. Throw in some others that would not make ipdb.org or pinside's top 40 lists like Victory, Harley Davidson, etc. and you got yourself in the neighborhood of 40 to 50 pins. I could be wrong on this but I also thought I had read on either Facebook or during an interview someone from Farsight said this was the number of tables they were looking at doing. It would have been much earlier this year.

They're a lot of factors that will determine how long Farsight keeps The Pinball Arcade going. Profit is the obvious one. Platforms like ios and android aren't going anywhere so I don't see a problem there. Most believe that Sony and Microsoft are going to have new consoles either next year or the following one but the installed base on the PS3 and 360 are good enough to keep it going while Farsight works on a new game engine for the next generation of consoles. And then we can buy the tables all over again. Of course, this is all complete and utter speculation on my part but 50 pins will easily push us into 2014. My opinion, "Gimme all you got!"

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
In the Pinball Arcade "making of" video Bobby King stated that they will be covering about 90% of the top 40 games of all time.

If I recall correctly, that statement was in the context of how many of the top 40 they have access to in regards to licensing, not necessarily how many tables they plan to recreate.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
If I recall correctly, that statement was in the context of how many of the top 40 they have access to in regards to licensing, not necessarily how many tables they plan to recreate.

I could see this becoming my most expensive game of all time heh farsight keeps producing ill keep buying havent enjoy a game like it((except for jeff minters) in years...

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

I would love to get 90% of the top 40 tables but there's a lot of licensed ones in there.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I'm a complete dlc slut. When Rock Band did that Pepsi promotion a couple of years back, I harassed half my office building for bottle caps.

My efforts were rewarded with over 100 new songs for free!!!

It's nice to have another game where new DLC keeps things fresh.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012

This makes sense, if you take out any SAM-based Sterns and Pinball 2000 out of the Top 40, you end up with about 34 tables. No way they will be counting on making all of those 34. There is some pretty hefty licenses in there. But having 10 out of the top 20 in the first is an expected nice start I'd say.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
This makes sense, if you take out any SAM-based Sterns and Pinball 2000 out of the Top 40, you end up with about 34 tables. No way they will be counting on making all of those 34. There is some pretty hefty licenses in there. But having 10 out of the top 20 in the first is an expected nice start I'd say.
Okay, here's the Top 100 stats. 59 are licensed, (56 if you discount Stern LE/Pro duplicates), 2 are Capcom, 1 is an unlicensed Pinball 2000. That leaves 38 unlicensed. 14 of those tables (11 unlicensed and 3 licensed) have been either already been released or been officially announced, leaving 27 (25 if you discount Haunted House, which cannot be emulated, and Safe Cracker, which would be tough to procure) unlicensed tables ready to go.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I'd love to see them keep going, but I also don't want Farsight to go out of business over this. I also want to see them pay a bit more attention to the bugs and kinks that need to be ironed out in what we have first. Keep releasing tables, each with assorted issues, and it becomes a big mountain to climb in order to fix everything.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Black Hole, Victory, Tee'd Off, Big Shot, Central Park, Genie, El Dorado City of Gold, Haunted House, Arena, Class of 1812, Asteroid Annie and the Aliens, Roller Disco... NONE of these are licensed IPs, which is the only instance in which development of a non-emulated Gottlieb could cause much debate. So unless FS focuses its attention on Stargate, Freddy, or Buck Rogers, I totally agree with Kolchak; having scripted Gottlieb tables is still way better than not having them at all. We've only gotten one so far, with a handful of PHoF machines already confirmed. I really want to play more, as Gottlieb tables are always unique, if not occasionally just weird...

And for the record, I'm holding out hope for 4 years of DLC support with a total of 100 tables, all of which could easily be collected, updated, or made backwards-compatible in the next generation. Once TPA has been tapped and capped, we may never see a pinball collection like this again, considering all of the licensing hoops and it being a niche genre in the first place. No need to limit it or wish it away so quickly.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.