Addicted to the clicking sounds

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
So, after watching so many pinball videos I have to say I am addicted.
I am addicted to all the pinball clicking sounds. :cool:
The mechanical sounds are pure music in my ears, I can't get enough of it. Just watch all the PAPA videos to see (hear) what I mean. This is something they need to improve in TPA and PiN WiZ mentioned in the past that FS is working on it. Imo these sounds are even more important than the whole music/sound effects while playing a table.
Are you addicted, too?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
One of the best things about pinball is the solenoids firing off, something that TPA hasn't got quite right yet.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
yes, I have to admit it completes the whole experience. It's the soundtrack to the game, and as integral to enjoying the experience as any movie soundtrack. Every click is like an homage to the engineers that designed the table. It's a song of love.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This, as in everything else, needs a volume slider for user adjustability. Having played countless real tables that were drowned out by the machines next to them or just had their volume set too low, I greatly enjoy being able to finally hear the actual music and sounds clearly in TPA.

So yes to mechanical sounds, but also yes to user control so we can get them in the balance we prefer relative to the music.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
It's hard to hear the electronic sounds in the PAPA videos, probably because the mic is so far away from the speakers. Personally, I'd rather the electronic sounds take precedence over the mechanical, but a slider switch will make everyone happy.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I think they should UP the volume on the sound of the ball rolling on the playfield , it's there but you dont get a feeling that you are in front of a machine playing it , it sounds too distant like you're 10 feet away .

If I had a menu slider that gave the game adjustments for volume on the ball sounds and music seperatley , that would be ideal .

Members online

Members online