TPA Wishlist - The Ultimate 100

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
According to me, of course... What do you think is missing?

Below the list of released and confirmed tables in black, the remaining entries are grouped by manufacturer but otherwise in no particular order.

Pinball_Arcade_Wishlist2017.jpg

You may notice that this differs a bit from my personal favorites list, but I'm trying to stay optimistic [within reason] on what we can expect to get licensed for TPA.

Would this make a perfect virtual museum of pinball machines, as FarSight has envisioned?

Last edited:

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
There are so many of those i need! I would pass on newer Stern licensed machines for now until a nice library of classics is built. Actually, that's not true. I just want a ton of tables.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
And when FarSight makes all 100 tables available, TPA will officially be the most expensive app ever released. Well, technically I guess you'd still get the app for $0.99, but the in-app DLC would be $299 for individual purchases or a bargain at $199 for a 99-Table Pack. Hmm...

FarSight has their marching orders for the next 3 1/2 years. I hope they're up to the task!

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
It wouldnt be the most expensive game/suite either. I heard an estimate on giantbomb that buying the full Rockband 3 repertoire would cost you around 4k.

It wouldnt even be the most expensive downloadable, as rockband blitz will release with the option to play the whole rb catalogue in a few weeks.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
There are so many of those i need! I would pass on newer Stern licensed machines for now until a nice library of classics is built. Actually, that's not true. I just want a ton of tables.

Passing on newer Stern licenses will probably be a necessity anyway. Stern is running SAM on its latest machines, which hasn't been emulated, and franchises under the Disney/Marvel moniker must be the most problematic of any that FarSight would face in acquisition. Without X-Men, Spider-Man, Pirates of the Caribbean, TRON: Legacy, etc., FarSight will run out of Stern table choices very soon, so they would need to start looking at Old Stern classics like Seawitch and Catacomb if they are trying to keep the manufacturer respresentation somewhat balanced. Of course, no matter how you slice it, we're getting a lot more Williams and Bally than anything else.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Well, I was more referring to the third definition...

marching orders
pl n
1. (Military) military orders, esp to infantry, giving instructions about a march, its destination, etc.
2. Informal notice of dismissal, esp from employment
3. Informal the instruction to proceed with a task

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Add William's Triple Strike (best EM ever) and Stern's Roller Coaster Tycoon (does nobody like this table? It's awesome) and I'm content :D

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
If we're dreaming, ill take Family Guy as well.

Edit: or wait, we aint doing SAM? Yea makes sense.

Edit 2: world cup 94 is mia...We need more jpop tables !

Last edited:

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
The first SAM machines were in 2006, right? World Poker Tour, Pirates of the Caribbean, and everything after??

And I DID include Krull, so I guess I'm dreamin' a bit myself. It may be significant from a design standpoint and the license fairly easy to acquire, but I wonder how FarSight would see it, considering Gottlieb only made 10 units. As a rarity that more people should have a chance to try? Or as a flash in the pan based on a failed movie, with too few players to warrant reproduction?

Heh. FS wouldn't even have a sales flyer to display. They would have to substitute the movie poster!

o-looking-back-at-krull.jpg
Krull_Large.jpg

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
What's your stance on World Cup 94? :)
That's a game I so wanted to like but ended up hating! I borrowed a friend's WCS'94 so I could make a Visual Pinball version of it and the development of the VP table was harder, less fun and didn't work as well as all the ones I had done previous to it put together. Unusual circumstances I guess, but it really killed the game for me. Also didn't matter how meticulously I workshopped that table, it never looked that great.

Anyway, great list. Only obvious omission I could spot was Lord of the Rings. Maybe Fireball if we're going back to EM games. :)

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
That's a game I so wanted to like but ended up hating! I borrowed a friend's WCS'94 so I could make a Visual Pinball version of it and the development of the VP table was harder, less fun and didn't work as well as all the ones I had done previous to it put together. Unusual circumstances I guess, but it really killed the game for me. Also didn't matter how meticulously I workshopped that table, it never looked that great.

Anyway, great list. Only obvious omission I could spot was Lord of the Rings. Maybe Fireball if we're going back to EM games. :)

Originally, I had included LotR, but I couldn't help but feel like that recent of a license might be a long shot. Similar for Doctor Who, since it would require the current TV license as well as the approval of each individual Doctor's estate.

Also, I think the 2009 edition may run on SAM, which would retroactively complicate the 2003 edition being approved under the Stern licensing.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online