Request Mid game save feature a la Marvel Pinball

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
So I have a lot going on right now and need to do stuff on a whim, which leads me to this request. I propose a feature where you can quit the game, then it creates a save state and once you start back up again, you lose said save state. I hate to be in the middle of a long game and then have to leave it because I need to do something right away.

What do you all think?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Not really possible with ROM emulation, also this can be exploited to obtain higher scores if you periodically quit out and then back up your save to a PC.

LocustGod

Aug 10, 2012
It's possible with ROM emulation to save states (ie. Mame/zNES/etc), but as Carl said, the possibility of exploits would definitely compromise leaderboard rankings. Why not save during a badass run with the first ball and keep saving until it drains -- then, load it back up so you'd still be on ball one?

Won't work.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Zen doesnt work with real table Roms.

The software that was in the physical tables is whats being run to power 90% of the TPA machines to make the table respond as close to the real thing as possible. That software isnt made for save states, head-to-head multiplayer with unlimited balls, and all the other stuff Zen/PFX2 can do because they just make their own tablesoftware.

We are asking for authenticity from Farsight, and one of the prices that comes with it is the harder, if not imposible, implementation of these features.

Which is fine for me, if I want goofy over-the-top head-to-head multiplayer I fire up PFX2. To get a authentic arcadelike pinball experience and want to go "into the zone" I fire up TPA (and subsequently snarl at the kids when they get me out of the zone) and I accept the fact I can't really walk away midgame, just like I couldnt in the arcade (ok I still can with the pause...).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.