Bug Rudy spits ball down the outlane at multiball start

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
When you start the standard multiball, one of the balls (usually the first) Rudy "spits" out often goes straight down the outlane. I'd say this happens about once every three or four times. This (apparently) never happens on the real machine.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
That has happened to me quite often. If you just nudge before it gets to the outlane you will be ok. I usually nudge just to be safe. Sometimes it's hard to tell if it will hit the outlane or just miss it.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
hm, never happened to me... well 'yet' at least
I have the 360 version, and it happens all the time. It never happened on the Android version, but I didn't reach multiball nearly as often on that platform, due to the finicky controls.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
yeah, i believe you :)

the thing is, i think i usually let the first multiball (the one that rudy spits out) drain anyway, so i can focus on the upper left flipper to get the trapdoor 2m... besides i have better control juggling just 2 balls for the next trapdoor jackpot(s) :)

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
In the Master Issue List topic:

08-009: Rudy spits ball direct to left outlane at multiball start
First reported: 18 Aug 2012
Description: When Midnight Multiball starts, the ball Rudy spits back out sometimes heads straight for the left outlane.
Devices: All
Status: Not a bug. The real table CAN do this. Nudge accordingly.

Maybe. But in TPA, it happens all the time! Annoying.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Whether it's a bug or not, just let the ball go. Save your tilt warnings... you have a much better chance at racking up million plusses with just two balls anyway.

Members online

Members online