Flipper tweaks on Taxi/HD pack?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Bobby said they were going to start incorporating improved flipper interaction, enabling live catches, drop stops, and (hopefully) less than full strength flips. He said we'll see it in Sept. (at the earliest). Will Taxi/HD be the first to implement this, or will we have to wait until the next (or longer) pack to see this?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Taxi/HD will be released in August, but definitely has some improved physics flippers.

Like was discussed in the chatchannel last night: I dont think its a matter of flipping (hah) a switch and it works, its about small incremental improvements that lead up to being able to pull of better techniques.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
When I spoke with Bobby about the Q&A, he also told me this: "I think Taxi on 360 is my best tuning work to date."

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Can't FS retrofit the other tables?

One step at a time. Taxi is great in its all around physics behaviour but it's not perfect yet (as is HD). If I were him I'd want to get it down to as perfect as I think it can be, than revisit the old tables. Not go back after each iteration/improvement I make.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Sure they can and they probably will.
I hope so. It would really suck to have a lopsided collection, where some tables have great physics, while others comparatively suck. Zen has recreated their entire game engine on each console, and you know that Pro Pinball will have some killer physics (if they succeed at their goal). FS has been good to us with the updates, and I hope they continue to do so, and not go all EA on us.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I hope so. It would really suck to have a lopsided collection, where some tables have great physics, while others comparatively suck. Zen has recreated their entire engine once on each console, and you know that Pro Pinball will have some killer physics (if they succeed at their goal). FS has been good to us with the updates, and I hope they continue to do so, and not go all EA on us.

Saying EA and FS in the same sentence is not....wait for it...wait for it....SAFE

Members online

Members online