Taxi and Harley Davidson release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Is there a standard day for the app store concerning new releases?

Just checking. I only discovered TPA a couple of weeks ago and I'm unfamiliar with Farsight's DLC release schedules on iOS.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
If they submit the update to apple this week it should be available sometime next week... There is no standard day for updates..

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Has FS released DLC every month on iOS? I'd hate to see a streak end..

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
They havent submitted yet or did so today as the latest beta build was distributed yesterday. They took the biggest part of last and this week or so for a bugfix passover on most tables. I'd say Taxi and HD have been ready for a release for at least a week now (although they have been tinkering with it still ofcourse), but they want to take the time this time to polish where they can (on all tables).

I also can't wait till play em without demolimits or ads.

Last edited:

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Thanks! I'm hoping for 2 new tables for my trip to AZ. I'll also be going to Castles & Coaster in Phoenix. They've got about 40 or so tables in a huge 1/2 circle. So much fun.

castles+and+coasters+phoenix.jpg

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Wow, that looks great. They even ended the two half-circles with the two Pinball 2000 machines next to the stairs to keep the symmetry. Very tasteful!

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
It's an awesome arcade with alot of classic games as well. The machines are very well maintained. It takes me back to the glory days of the Jersey Shore boardwalks. Wildwood FTW!

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
They released Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight a week late last time—normally it would have been 00:01 on the middle Thursday of the Month. (so Taxi and Harley Davidson should have been last week)

We’ve had a couple of releases recently that were just bug fixes rather than content packs, and there’s been an increasing number of bugs as time goes on, so I have to imagine that the releases are going to keep slowing down until they get the game in a stable state. Seems likely that this is going to be another five-week release rather than four—and I’m fine with that, because their monthly cycle seems to be unsustainable when they are trying to support so many platforms.

Hopefully in a couple of months they will have ironed out all the bugs and be able to focus on content, letting them get back to a monthly release cycle.

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
I went to Castles and Coasters a couple months ago and they'd moved the tables upstairs and had much fewer of them. Still some great ones, though.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
They released Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight a week late last time—normally it would have been 00:01 on the middle Thursday of the Month. (so Taxi and Harley Davidson should have been last week)

We’ve had a couple of releases recently that were just bug fixes rather than content packs, and there’s been an increasing number of bugs as time goes on, so I have to imagine that the releases are going to keep slowing down until they get the game in a stable state. Seems likely that this is going to be another five-week release rather than four—and I’m fine with that, because their monthly cycle seems to be unsustainable when they are trying to support so many platforms.

Hopefully in a couple of months they will have ironed out all the bugs and be able to focus on content, letting them get back to a monthly release cycle.

Today a new Beta build popped up with more bugfixes. As said the new tables themselves are completely ready for release in my (and I think all testers) opinion apart from some very minor art issues. All this extra time is mostly invested in polishing up all the other tables and I think it's worth the time (even if this very likely means DLC 4 and/or 5 hasnt been submitted to the consoles yet due to this bugfixing). Considering the date and the day, I think this update won't make August to public release for iOS considering the approval duration.

Zyo75

Jul 28, 2012
Thanks for the news bavelb, even if everytime a release is delayed it' s like someone moves my birthday forward :p

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I'm glad about the hard work Farsight is doing for bug fixes, but disappointed that it's delaying submission to the consoles. Don't get me wrong, I understand that this is a good thing I just hate waiting for my preferred way to play being so far behind. Just not the same on my tablet after I've played with the lighting on consoles. Cirqus Voltaire looks amazing even though I hate those outlanes.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
FarSight is not delaying console submissions , the Submissions get delayed by the companies , at MicroSoft there is a lengthy review process with a arbitrary pass/fail system , for flaws and just filling out the forms wrong.
For Sony CEU they have been told they have too many submissions backlogged from other companies , and will not receive any newer submissions until they catch up .
Only the apple App store takes submissions without a great deal of red tape and usually passes them on within the first week .

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I'm glad about the hard work Farsight is doing for bug fixes, but disappointed that it's delaying submission to the consoles. Don't get me wrong, I understand that this is a good thing I just hate waiting for my preferred way to play being so far behind. Just not the same on my tablet after I've played with the lighting on consoles. Cirqus Voltaire looks amazing even though I hate those outlanes.

Fortunately DLC pack #3 is going to reemerge in a few days, ahead of the bug fixes; its being pulled apparently had nothing to do with that.

Personally, I think that Monster Bash 360 is quite playable and fun even with the Frankenstein jackpot bug, though you obviously wouldn't want to use it in any sort of competition. Gorgar has the ball-shader bug and the weird sound bug that sporadically shuts up Gorgar's voice, which I think are both going to be fixed in the title update, but neither one particularly hurts gameplay.

Sublime

Jul 26, 2012
Who is beta testing new releases? Is this only being done in house now? I was a tester back in January for the original release, but haven't heard from them since.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
There are about 6 of us on this forum beta testing I think.

for android practically anyone who wants to can beta test, since Ryan from FarSight posts apk file links to the newest builds in the bug threads. you do have to buy the tables in the beta as well, so you're definitely paying up front, even though the tables still have bugs... but that's all fine with me, as bugtesting can be fun =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.