Kindle Fire - Bug "Table Download did not complete" and crash to carousel

Namco51

Apr 12, 2012
Just bought Creature from the Black Lagoon, however during the Table Download screen, the progress bar displays only about 2% filled for a few seconds with "Downloading 1/1..." above it, then it instantly hits 100% then I get an info screen that reads "Table Download did not complete", then it crashes back to the main Kindle Fire carousel.

To purchase it I clicked Play, then "Buy Table Pack 4". Once the transaction completed I may have double-tapped "Play" causing it either try to download twice or cancel.

Black Knight downloaded and installed with no issue and I have over 1.1GB of space free.

I have rebooted the device several times. The table "TCreature" is in /sdcard/Android/data/com.farsight.AndroidPinball.javaProject/files and is showing only 116 Bytes in size with -rw permissions. I have tried deleting the table, rebooting, and relaunching, but each time I get the error "Table Download did not complete" then again it dumps out of PA and into the main Kindle Fire carousel.

When PA starts, it shows Creature but no sound is playing, an indication that it knows that Creature was the last table that it tried to launch and that the table is not installed. When I switch to another downloaded table, say Arabian Nights and back to Creature, the Arabian music keeps playing, as expected.

My Kindle Fire has not been hacked, running system version 6.3.1. Only basic Amazon applications/services are running in the background.

Strange stuff. I'm guessing that it's a problem with the server in my area, or some hidden cache somewhere?

Any ideas? (besides deleting the app and r-einstalling everything)

Namco51

Apr 12, 2012
Okay I think I fixed it. I went in and deleted TBlackhole, relaunched PA, reinstalled Black Hole trial table, then tried my luck with Creature, and it just downloaded no problem.

Not sure what happened, but I got it running finally!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts