iPad 3 shake to nudge problem

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Ive had a problem for a while now nudging on my iPad 3, I like to use shake to nudge but although I have it selected it doesn't work until I change it to touch or swipe, make a nudge that way and then change it back to shake. Every time I restart the app it's the same, shake doesn't work until I carry out the above procedure. I've had this problem through various updates, also through all the beta versions I've installed. Anyone else had this? Could my iPad be faulty?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It seems to work more easily if you play in landscape view. But then it often tilts on you, even if you aren't shaking it. FS is aware of this issue, but I haven't heard of any fix as of yet. I use touch to nudge now, but it doesn't feel as natural as the shake method. Hopefully it will be improved to the point where it is usable.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I play in portrait mode,and it doesn't work at all until I swap it over, nudge and swap back then it works fine. Out of interest I will test landscape mode. Thanks.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just tested in landscape, exactly the same. I could hit the side of my iPad with a sledge hammer and it would make no difference, swap to swipe, nudge and swap back to shake and it works fine.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I also experienced this and reported it to support at Farsight. I believe someone else reported elsewhere that they have it set to swipe and it responds to nudge, so there's some kind of option swapping happening in the background so it's not just the nudge folks like us that are affected. I'm hopeful that the next release will sort this.

discerningdm

Jun 27, 2012
I have this problem. I have shake to nudge that does nothing until I go into options. It is every table, every time. Aggravating!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts