iOS iCade Support? (Bitty)

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Hi,

Anyone know if iCade support for iOS is likely?
Tempted to get an iCade Bitty-as I see it has Shoulder Buttons (been playing with my thumbs on phone!)
09fbaf49.jpg

Will grab one anyhow as I managed to snag iMAME before it was pulled and have Atari Hits package too-TPA would be a Huge Bonus though :)

Andy/HOW

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I meant that they have a new controller for iPhone (iCade mobile game controller), an iCade with just the controller part (iCade core), and a smaller iCade Jr. coming out as well.

iCade mobile
iCade core
iCade Jr.

Cheers Brian - the iCade Mobile looks SWEEEET
a9abd260.jpg

Couldn't see pricing, but guessing a fair 'bit' more than the Bitty :)
Looks to have double shoulders (4 buttons) maybe?
Ideal for MagnaSave or nudging....
Thanks, Andy/HOW

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

If your android and rooted, there is an app called 'sixaxis' (approx £3) which lets you pair your phone to a PS3 controller.
The app lets you map button presses from the controller to areas on the phones screen, so you can even use it for apps that don't support physical buttons like PBA.
Can't recommend this app enough - its great using the shoulder buttons on the controller for the flippers.
I might just get a HDMI interface from HTC and can play on the big screen - just like a mini console!

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
iOS here - Hence original question re. support.
'Droid and a PS pad sounds cool.
I keep seeing cheap tablets that I'm tempted at for vid game emu.
Not sure if it'd cope with TPA though.

N

Nik Barbour

iOS here - Hence original question re. support.
'Droid and a PS pad sounds cool.
I keep seeing cheap tablets that I'm tempted at for vid game emu.
Not sure if it'd cope with TPA though.

I've got single core 1ghz processor, Gingerbread 2.3.7, 1Gb Internal memory, rom = cm7 nightly build #59 and it runs without the slightest glitch or pause on this. Any spec better than this should be fine for TPA.

N

Nik Barbour

Hi All
Seen this BT controller too:
http://www.gametel.se/index.php/explore/specification
Has shoulder buttons-Also Win compatible so could use with VP as well.
Anyone heard anything about FS making TPA iCade compatible?
Hoping so :)
Andy

Edit: CGR Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXK2wce2PIQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Looks like a good controller - only problem is phone would be landscape only due to the fixing bracket (72mm max) and TPA is much better in portrait IMO.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Hi Nik
Bit of a downside I must agree.
But i love MAME etc too!
Maybe something better that's iCade compatible will show up.
But I think FS should get TPA iCade ready for when it does.
Andy

N

Nik Barbour

Hi Nik
Bit of a downside I must agree.
But i love MAME etc too!
Maybe something better that's iCade compatible will show up.
But I think FS should get TPA iCade ready for when it does.
Andy

Hey How.
I'm a big MAME fan as well!
I either play through 'Jrioni Arcade' or 'MAME4droid' when using my phone.
I just recently found 'MAME4droid reloaded' also by Seleuco. This is actual port of MAME 0.139ul which means it will play almost any rom you can throw at it (dariusg scramble & outrun are my favourites plus you can't beat Space Invaders) but you need agood processor to run it. Don't know if they do this for ios? Its worth checking out!

Also check out any of Robert Broglia's emulators (Snes, Nes, GBC, Atari2600, MD) this guy is brilliant, and easily is one the most talented programmers for emulators. He's also incredibly helpful too. Big fan of this guys stuff!

Last edited:

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
I think I would love someone to design a pinball type cabinet that you could slip your ipad into it. With buttons on the side, a plunger (as well as a start button for those cabinets that require that).

Sebinouse

Jul 18, 2012
I also modified my iCade to fit perfectly to pinball arcade ...
medium.jpg

http://osxonthinkpads.wikidot.com/icade-pinball-edition

The only annoying part is the lack of iCade support in Pinball arcade ... It's VERY EASY to implement : the iCade is a simple bluetooth keyboard ... (I can give you the keys the iCade emulates if somebody is interested ...).
For the moment we have to jailbreak our iPads and use Blutrol ... not very convenient !

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
I also modified my iCade to fit perfectly to pinball arcade ...
medium.jpg

http://osxonthinkpads.wikidot.com/icade-pinball-edition

The only annoying part is the lack of iCade support in Pinball arcade ... It's VERY EASY to implement : the iCade is a simple bluetooth keyboard ... (I can give you the keys the iCade emulates if somebody is interested ...).
For the moment we have to jailbreak our iPads and use Blutrol ... not very convenient !

I just bought an Icade, and would love to do this modification as well.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
So if the iCade is just a normal BT keyboard, does that mean iCade-enabled games can be played with a keyboard as well?

night

May 18, 2012
About iMAME, anyone know where to download it? I don't understand why it's so hard to find. I even looked under my carpet, not there either.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts