Online multiplayer

Macca_96

Jul 15, 2012
Will this ever be added? I see menus in there for tournaments and stuff and it always says coming soon. Will 2 people ever be able to play 2 player pinball online?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
At some point, sure, but their current priority is polishing and making their current features and tables (and the future tables) shine before they introduce more features that could introduce more bugs.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
There might never be two player online. Tournaments will be there for sure but tournaments and two player online are different.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Oh yea, I dont think we'll see 2 player head to head any time soon, the Roms werent made to play that way in the original tables. And 2 player online hotseat doesnt sound too interesting to me.

pacreis

Jun 8, 2012
I think that online multiplayer will not be difficult to implement. If they only keep track of the number of balls, end game, play time and score, you can get multiple modes to do multiplayer. You can have score attack, time attack, high score, team score... But i think the first implementation of multiplayer we are going to get is only a temporary leaderboard score comparison at the end of a game.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Yeah, I'm not going to be interested in a mode where I sit and watch someone else play a ball every other time. Tournaments, though... that's another thing.

They'll need to fix the scoring limit bugs (TOM, BOP) where iPhone/Android users have an advantage, though.

SuperGrafx

Aug 26, 2012
I'd love to see some form of mutiplayer/tournaments implemented. The current iteration seems like a very solitary experience.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'd love to see some form of mutiplayer/tournaments implemented. The current iteration seems like a very solitary experience.

Its not a solitary experience if you play with other people. I play with my family. If you live alone you can invite a couple of buds over to play. I dropped my daughter off at college last weekend. We plan to play on our PS3s while we Skype on our laptops.

SuperGrafx

Aug 26, 2012
well that's sort of the issue. I only recently got into the pinball scene and none of my friends or co-workers are into it.
What I'd like is a way to either play against my Xbox 360 friends directly over LIVE, or at minimum be able to watch games in progress.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I liked th set score races on zen also the camera feature so you can see your opponent squirm. Maybe random skill shots wich both players have to achieve to advance or a point is awarded to the player who made the shot like HORSE but the game decides the shot, maybe timed game,then dead flippers.

Macca_96

Jul 15, 2012
Well if you dont like watching other people play, they could add free-roam camera so you could roam the camera while the other person plays

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Oh yea, I dont think we'll see 2 player head to head any time soon, the Roms werent made to play that way in the original tables. And 2 player online hotseat doesnt sound too interesting to me.

Sounds good to me especially if it was with a friend and you had some sort of voice/video chat system. Don't mind watching someone else play.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Sounds good to me especially if it was with a friend and you had some sort of voice/video chat system. Don't mind watching someone else play.

Friendly multiplayer yes, but ranked multiplayer...no thanks. Only takes a few guys with a piece of ducttape and too much time on their hands to ruin that one :)

Members online

Members online