Which Camera Angle or View Do You Think is Most Authentic?

monkspider

Apr 15, 2012
I would like to get the input of the pinball experts on this question, which view or camera angle do you think tends to be closest to actually standing in front of a real pinball machine? Playing on 360, I thought camera 3/locked was probably closest but I haven't played much real life pinball myself.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
For me, on any table (both on console/PC and real life) I prefer the top down view. Don't know why, but it seems that I can see the table better than looking all the way at the bottom.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I like camera angle 2 locked the best. But I do change it up now and then, especially when a new table is released.

SuperGrafx

Aug 26, 2012
To me, the topdown viewpoints are most authentic (no scrolling, and multiball camera off).
It's the closest thing you'll get to the view you'd have while playing on a real table. Well, at least until they implement some virtual-reality head tracking.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
If there was portrait orientation I would have to say top down.

No portrait? Ok, Circus Voltaire has the best dynamic camera angle. Instead of scrolling up to the top of the table it just raises up to give a better angle. I tend to play my pins close down and I straighten up when the ball is at the back of the table.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It depends somewhat on your height, but I generally find myself using the high or top-down, locked camera, no MB camera settings.

I might allow scrolling for Twilight Zone when it comes out, because the sweet spot on the upper left mini-flipper is very small on the real table and that piano shot is very important (collects door panels and is the regular multiball jackpot shot). On the real table, I lean way over the table to take the piano shot, which I imagine must look rather strange to bystanders, but my ~80% hit rate on that shot is worth a few stares. We'll see how it is on TPA.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It probably wouldn't be the Topdown view unless you're really tall (and most people hunch down a bit anyway). I would say the Medium or High angle would probably be the closest to your real life view, depending on your height, posture, and stance. Personally, I like Medium.

Last edited:

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I usually use cam 2 locked no mb cam.
Although on mm I think that's a bit too far away, view one locked gives me a nice view and more detail on some tables, but often obscures the jet multiplier lights.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm going to go complete opposite to most, I usually like the lowest camera angle ( except funhouse and creature which are too low ) and scrolling. Probably because I'm a self confessed graphics whore and like to see as much detail and close ups as I can. I've never felt my choice of view has been the cause of lost balls, the useless nudging controls are usually responsible for that.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
depends on the table... some are too low for my liking... so when i usually play its with no scrolling view 2, but on cv i have to switch to 3... same thing with tom and bh...

if only portrait-tate-cabinet mode was avail for consoles also (nudge-nudge, wink-wink tpa guys) :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.