Vita firmware 1.80 is live

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Turn on your PS Vita , hit settings and update it , you will now be able to run a large chunk of PSOne classics on the vita without remote connecting to a Ps3 .
Update is 120 MBs in size and also adds non-screen menu navigating to the Vita if you get tired of smudging the screen .

NO sign of the control PS3 game with Vita as control in this update , sorry I was misinformed It is coming , just not this time .

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
The controller function is there. It is located under the Remote Play app.
There will only be 9 PSOne games available for download tomorrow in the US. MAny others can be transfered over from a PS3 though (much like PSP games)

Also we can now assign 4 different touchscreen buttons for PSP games.
Also several more options for assigning the right analog stick for PSP games.
Notification screen is now huge, almost fills the entire screen.
Minor changes to the messaging app.

etc...

The PSP changes are awesome!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The 1.80 update yesterday made it even more difficult to swap accounts on the Vita.

Sony changed it so now the memory cards themselves are also locked to a single account.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488830

I can't defend Sony for this move , not this time , it really is inexcuseable that when I switch out accounts I will have to be using a seperate memory stick for each account , DAMN THEM!
Ok, I'm going to backstep after some researching , apparently it was a maneuver to keep our PIRATE gaming friends from ruining the Vita as they did the PSP . Yes it seems the recent update is blocking unauthorised files and other tricks involving multiple accounts from being used to PIRATE or turn the Vita into a emulator . Now why is this a good thing? No developer will have much investment in a console device that allows their software to be stolen . Sony once again had to show they are capable and willing to protect the integrity of their business partners .

I will buy a 4 Gig stick for my japanese PSN account when the Pinball Arcade gets boring to me , which with enough new tables wont be any time soon.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts